Favorite non .22 plinking rifle?

Marlin 1893 in .30-30...

I load round balls with a few grains of Red Dot and plink away...Cheap, and accurate to 60 yards...

Quiet and deadly medicine for varmints in the garden also...

AR-15, Mini-14, 2 Mosin Nagants, Hi-Point 9mm Carbine with cheap BSA red dot optic. Super accurate and reliable btw. Working up loads for my 30-06's and 223's. Since I have around 6000rds of 22lr I still shoot one of my 5 22's just about every trip to my range. Hell I still like shooting my Daisy 1000 pellet rifle. Its killed enough squirrel to be legit in my opinion. I like shooting all my guns. I don't own any safe queens.

Mosin Nagant and Ruger Deerfield. Granted the Mosin is surplus and the Deerfield is reloaded with some warm cheap Sierra's, Mosin is still cheaper. I just love my .44's though :D

My favorite plinking rifle is a 17hmr (mine is a Savage). I find that a bolt action slows me down & requires me to more closely check my aim. I tend to track in rather than aim carefully when I shoot my semi-auto.

Marlin 1894 CL in .32-20. It is uber fun to shoot, sort of a high velocity .22 with three times the bullet weight.

Drue

Back