Fav DA/SA pistol?

Favorite .380 is the Beretta 84.

Favorite 9 is my Tanfoglio CZ "Mossad" clone. My favorite of all my guns. Second place is my new Sig P226 SSE.

Fave 40? Don't have any 40's anymore, they are dead to me.

Favorite .45? My Sig P220 DAK followed real close by my SAR K2 45.
hemiram is offline Report Post Quick reply to this message

That's an interesting tack going by caliber.

-.32 Walther PP
-.380 don't have any don't care for the caliber
-9x19mm Wilson Beretta 92
-.40 HK P2000
-.45 SIG P220
-.357 SIG P239

Overall I stand by the HK P2000.

I'll play. My favorite is a SW 5906 . Not saying it is the best ,just my favorite.

Reliable . I can't remember have one failure with many rounds of all type fired. Accurate enough. Was my carry gun for a lot of years.

I think the third gen Smiths are under appreciated and someday will be looked at as classics.

What I own and works vs what I like?

The HK P-30 DA is the best one I have handled and shot. It feels right.

Love DA/SA! That said I have two categories for you.

With Plenty of Experience:

• SIG P226
  • SIG P229
  • SIG P228
  • SIG P220
  • HK USP 9

With Minimal Experience:

• HK P30L
  • FNX-45 Tactical
  • Beretta 92

My current EDC pistols are the P30L or Glock 19. I'm looking forward to a lot of time with the P30L. :) Hopefully it'll be up on my experienced list soon enough.

The Beretta M9A1 compact Inox, is by far my favorite. It feels perfect in my hands, and I'm more accurate with it than any other pistol. When Langdon Tactical comes out with the LTT compact, I'll be getting one.

Those with issues in the service were due to a failure in maintenance (none), and using cheap magazines. This wasn't an issue with gun itself. The 92 series is an excellent pistol.

rep1954:

My P6 ('98) has slightly better ergos than my Sig P228s (pair of '94s), but the slight difference in the thicknesses between standard grips takes a while to notice.

But because my P6 looks near-pristine, I don't carry it.

Last edited:
I'll get a little picky here:

CZ75B SA, followed closely by my FEG HP clone.

If it is the DA/SA from FEG, then it is not a HiPower clone. It is a version of a HiPower, but not a clone.

For me, the favorites are the CZ SP-01 Phantom for full size and the CZ P-01 Decocker for compact size.

Bart Noir

Gotta throw the Model 84 up again. Absolutely love that pistol. Those things are real gems and worth the asking price even today.

I own 4 CZ's including an early 85 safety. For me the best one is my PCR decocker. The 85 had a nicer trigger, but I like shooting the PCR the best. RAMI (safety) is great, but too small.

Also a 226 Elite in .357 Sig. The thing just rocks!

uh, maybe one of these

YOri6Xs.jpg

cI3bY5j.jpg

OSqDNWO.jpg

H0CY7lo.jpg

like Lay's potato chips its hard to pick just one:D

I have a few I like,
Beretta 84 & 81, FNX-45, Sig 229, P6, S&W 3913, 5906, 5926, 1076, 1006 Colt Double Eagle Commander 40S&W.....mmmmmmmm

I'm sure there are a few I'm missing, and who picks just one???:confused:

Well I finally changed my Beretta 92's hammer spring to a D spring. Definitely like the trigger more now. Can't wait to take it to the range.

I'll go with the p226, as long as its German made. I don't fully trust Sigs in the Cohen era.

I owned a German p226 and it was nearly the perfect gun. Accurate, super reliable. Great feel and balance. Great SA and DA trigger. I sold it during hard times and it was gut wrenching.

I also owned a German p228, but never got as attached to it as I did the p226. The p226 just seemed more balanced.

Like the OP I always wanted a USP(40) full size, but theyre so expensive, and I heard the DA trigger is horrendous, and in a DA/SA gun the DA trigger is crucial to me, so my money always went to Sig.

Back