Dream 1911, Glockettes need not reply

I think JMB would be in awe of Gaston Glock.
He didn't have any training in designing firearms.
He produced a pistol with very few parts, any of which can be swapped out by a middle schooler.
He used plastic.

I think your paying way to much rent in that dream world your living in.:p

Configured an Ed Brown 38 Super Cobra Carry on his website and it only cost a mere $3555, so I may have to buy two or three.

Id buy the real thing, a box stock Colt in 45. Might as well get the real thing.

Not only that, ... but if it's going to be anything other than a Safe Queen or occasional range toy, you'll wish you'd bought that much less spendy Glock 19 rather than someone's Big-Name $3500 Bling-Banger. :rolleyes:

Think about it ...

After shooting a bad guy (whether in your home or out on the street), your 'Dream Gun' will be confiscated by the first cops on the scene, and then held as 'evidence' for who-knows-how-long in the Department's property lock-up, 'pending investigation.' :confused:

That's like handing someone $3500 cash to hold until they decide to give it back. :eek: Could be 6-months or 2-years - who knows? - or maybe never, at least not without having to throw $$$ at a lawyer to sue the police chief or D.A. and get a court to order it returned.

And by then, who knows what condition your pricey custom Bling-Banger will be in, hmmmmm? :(

Last edited:
One of my "Dream 1911s" i am currently building/modifying myself by putting a 5" 400 Cor-Bon barrel in my SR1911 CMD, but my ultimate "Dream 1911" would be a LAR Grizzly with every barrel and caliber that was offered for them.

Not only that, ... but if it's going to be anything other than a Safe Queen or occasional range toy, you'll wish you'd bought that much less spendy Glock 19 rather than someone's Big-Name $3500 Bling-Banger.
You miss the point, as a millionaire I have 2 backups and a direct line to Ed Brown and Bill Wilson. As far as wishing for a Glock 19, that ain't gonna happen,even without the millions. Even in my peon status I'm wondering if the Firing Line would consider selling me a Glockateer swatter, I would definitely buy a couple backups. ;)

You miss the point, as a millionaire I have 2 backups and a direct line to Ed Brown and Bill Wilson. As far as wishing for a Glock 19, that ain't gonna happen,even without the millions. Even in my peon status I'm wondering if the Firing Line would consider selling me a Glockateer swatter, I would definitely buy a couple backups. ;)
I'm just curious, truly, not arguing or wanting to start a debate!

Have you ever owned a Glock? Shot one a lot? If so, what are your issues with it?

Also, to answer your question again, I just recently had the opportunity to handle a friends WW2 era Electrolux 1911, I never knew such a thing was made until I handled that one. If I could afford it and he would sell it, I would buy it. It was tight and smooth, with possibly the best trigger I have ever felt on a 1911.

Nineteen Eleven

While I do have some interest in antique and obsolete firearms, I remain curious as to what mystique these handguns hold that so fascinates 1911 fanboys? :confused:

While I do have some interest in antique and obsolete firearms, I remain curious as to what mystique these handguns hold that so fascinates 1911 fanboys? :confused:
I'm not a fan boy, the large majority of my hand guns are Glocks. But...

The 1911 is not obsolete!

Even if it were, for many, many years it was ahead of it's time. And even today it is still one of the most "shootable" pistols available. I'm a better shot with a 1911 than any other .40, .44, or .45 pistol out there.

I never hit any lottery, but; if I did hit a small one, I would like to try a Les Baer in 45 acp. I would be thinking much bigger changes in my life if we are talking some 8 figure prize :D

I dont live a bubble. I actually have friends and actually talk to people. I understand the virtues of the Glock and the appeal of the 1911. Am I special here?

I don't hate Glocks and have shot quite a few of them. What I do dislike is the Glockateer enthusiasm. It is not the end all, do all handgun of the 21st century.
I personally would never own one for the following reasons:

1. Springy thingy in the trigger.
2. Plastic
3. No wood
4. Ugly
5. Too light
6. No safety
7. No hammer
8. Accuracy can't match a 1911 ( for me at least)
9. Ain't American
10. built on a metric system

Nuff said:D

Some of these posts shows exactly who many lottery winners go broke. If I won the lottery, I would open a range and invest in NFA weapons that I could rent out. I could shoot whatever I wanted and make more money on top of it.

While I have some decent 1911's I don't think extra lines per inch or higher levels of finish will really bring me any extra joy. I have 3 Les Baers including the Thunder Ranch Special, the Monolith Heavyweight, and the Concept V. I also have a Springfield Armory Loaded in 9mm and a 2011 STI Edge. A gun is a functional object that is mean to be used and enjoyed. I'm not knocking those who like the Supergrade Wilsons or high end Ed Browns and Nighthawk Customs. Your money so do as you please. I'm just speaking from my own point of view.

This is the type of range I would open: https://www.nexusshooting.com/

I'll play.

If I had unlimited resources and wanted a 1911, it would have to be a Cabot meteorite set. I follow their work closely (though I doubt I'll ever have the funds for one) and that set is truly unique in all ways. I don't know if you could buy a more unique/impressive firearm.

While I do have some interest in antique and obsolete firearms, I remain curious as to what mystique these handguns hold that so fascinates 1911 fanboys?

Because Glocks, et al have all the charm and style of a washing machine. I have many other guns, but a 1911 was the very first gun I ever bought and they hold a special fascination for me. Personally I am glad for those that look down on 1911's, it is just that much less competition for those of us that realize just how neat they are.

As for me, I am not greedy, if I had the money all I would want to fill out my 1911 collection is a North American Arms, Remington UMC, a US&S and Singer 1911/1911-A1's. I already have the others.

Last edited:
.Also, to answer your question again, I just recently had the opportunity to handle a friends WW2 era Electrolux 1911, I never knew such a thing was made until I handled that one. If I could afford it and he would sell it, I would buy it. It was tight and smooth, with possibly the best trigger I have ever felt on a 1911.
Electrolux 1911? Never heard of it. Even a google search turns up nothing. Well, a mower blade but no gun. Pictures or it does not exist.

Jim

Electrolux 1911? Never heard of it. Even a google search turns up nothing. Well, a mower blade but no gun. Pictures or it does not exist.

I would imagine he is thinking of a Singer. If his buddy does indeed have a real Singer, he is sitting on a $50,000 ++ pistol.

Originally Posted by Tallest
.Also, to answer your question again, I just recently had the opportunity to handle a friends WW2 era Electrolux 1911, I never knew such a thing was made until I handled that one. If I could afford it and he would sell it, I would buy it. It was tight and smooth, with possibly the best trigger I have ever felt on a 1911.

Jim

I've seen pictures of a Winchester M1911, and a 1911 made by Mauser, but both were fakes.
At the same time, I've read, many times, that only Colt made M16s, but I know, now, that Harrington & Richardson made M16s during the Vietnam war.

I've seen pictures of a Winchester M1911, and a 1911 made by Mauser, but both were fakes.
At the same time, I've read, many times, that only Colt made M16s, but I know, now, that Harrington & Richardson made M16s during the Vietnam war.

They were also made by the Hydromatic Division of General Motors.

Back