Dream 1911, Glockettes need not reply

I gotta admit that's some nice photo shopping, blasphemous and it makes me cringe but still a good job. :eek:
More has been built on less! :)

I wish Glock would do it. If for no other reason than to watch the ensuing melt down on the internet. :D

Well, heck , if we're dreaming I'd take something from Jason Burton. Probably a commander of some sort, and if I could only afford one it would be a .45 acp. Unfortunately, I just don't happen to have $7,000+ to drop on a firearm.

More has been built on less! :)

I wish Glock would do it. If for no other reason than to watch the ensuing melt down on the internet. :D
I whole heartedly agree!

But, regardless of the meltdown, I would buy on, or 7, because it's a Glock!

~A devout Glockette

Im not a 1911 snob. I shoot lousy with my personal box stock $750 SA 9mm Range Officer, and i shoot the same exact level of lousyness with my buddy's $4100 Wilson Combat 1911. Admittidly the Wilson's action feels simply amazing as far as precision smoothness.

Road Clam,
But you see you and I are ahead of the curve. We know our lousy shooting is not the gun. And knowing is half the battle. :)

Right there with you. I suck but dammit my suck is pure natural talent not driven by equipment. :)...:(

I am platform agnostic. I can suck with pretty much anything.

Last edited:
dogtown tom (post #36) setting the bar even higher for what it takes to be banned from this site. :D

P.S. that was just...incredible (and so WRONG on so MANY levels.)

Let's see, winning the lottery.... I'd buy an old used Springfield or a para, maybe even a citidel and spent the rest on ammo and classes.

As I mentioned elsewhere if I were to post an inquiry about the best fishing lure some Glockateer would post a picture of his Glock with a bunch of fish hooks hanging from it. :rolleyes:

dogtown tom said:
It would work right out of the box.
It wouldn't be picky about ammo.
It would let me be my own gunsmith.
It would have less parts.
It wouldn't rust.
Magazines would be cheap.
It would cost $500 retail.
The trigger would feel like a screwdriver blade scraping across a concrete block

Fixed it for ya'

I would do some research and I would buy several of the top self 1911's in 45 ACP. Then I would spend the rest of my life deciding which one I liked on that particular day.

DaleA dogtown tom (post #36) setting the bar even higher for what it takes to be banned from this site.

P.S. that was just...incredible (and so WRONG on so MANY levels.)
I think JMB would be in awe of Gaston Glock.
He didn't have any training in designing firearms.
He produced a pistol with very few parts, any of which can be swapped out by a middle schooler.
He used plastic.
And he's sold millions.

I also think JMB would be a little less than impressed with some of todays 1911 manufacturers. They've taken a reliable handgun and while some of their "customizing" has made it more accurate, they sure as heck didn't make it more reliable.

Road_Clam The trigger would feel like a screwdriver blade scraping across a concrete block....Fixed it for ya'
I doubt it.
It would probably be smoother/slicker than any other 1911 trigger because Glock would make it out of Teflon coated plastic.

For a combat handgun I'd take a rough gritty trigger over a jamomatic Kimber any day. If I was a one handed Bullseye shooter my choices would be different.

Late '30s Colt National Match is my holy grail.

I built my dream 1911, with the help of a local 'smith for machine work and finishing.
It has about 25k rounds through it, now.

My thoughts on what I want and need haven't changed much, but it would be nice the have the whole thing executed by a real artist.

Back