Dream 1911, Glockettes need not reply

So what is the price tag on that southpaw model?
"If I won the lottery, maybe I could afford enough ammo learn to shoot well."
That's a really good point. Unfortunately at my age the best I could muster is a " back in the day I use to shoot well." :(
Now a days I'm just happy I can still see the target at 25 yards. :D

I've always like the idea of the Delta Elite. But if I were to by a 1911, the first one would have to be a .45. I've always thought the Colt Rail Guns looked good.

Actually, I have two 1911s that I'm completely satisfied with as I value reliability and durability over 'pretty'. Both of mine are very reliable (as in neither has failed to feed a round in well over 1K rds each, decently tight so they are very accurate, have great triggers (although the target version has a much better trigger) and will eat anything I feed them without choking.

They'll both even feed my old Speer 'Flying Ashtray' handloads I made up way back when without a single hickup. What are they? My two Springfield 'NM' 1911s; a Mil-Spec for that GI feel and for more precision, a Range Officer. With their great performance, forged frames and slides, and outstanding reliability, why would I need anything else?

imRdwap.jpg

Lately I've become enamored with the .38 Super. A little to loud and to much flash for concealed carry but hey, I'm a millionaire now so custom ear buds and sunglasses with night vision won't be a problem.
Same here, I bought a set of die, guy said a 380 auto. I thought 380 acp, but they are 38 auto/Super, sooooo I have dies figure I need a pistol to reload for it.

I'll go a different route. Since you didn't specify new,my choice would be the nicest Singer WWII vintage 45 I could find. :eek:

First choice would be a Stan Chen, except I'm not patient enough to wait several years.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Watch the drool if you look here.. Short of a full custom build, I would probably look at another Nighthawk, either their Trooper or their Thunder Ranch models. Very clean looking lines and my NH Falcon is probably my favorite pistol of any kind for just plain shooting.

If money was no issue and I could get any 1911, I would probably go for a Springfield Professional. in .45 acp. Has literally everything in a 1911 I would want and nothing I don't want(like front side serrations). It also has pretty close to an unsurpassed reputation for accuracy and reliability.

A close second would be an Ed Brown in .45 acp, probably their executive model since I prefer the front checkering. Like the professional, it has everything I would want and nothing I don't and is pretty close to the top when it comes to semi custom 1911's.

If my numbers paid off I would keep the 1911's I have and build a range . Rifle and Handgun all top shelf .

My dream 1911........

It would work right out of the box.
It wouldn't be picky about ammo.
It would let me be my own gunsmith.
It would have less parts.
It wouldn't rust.
Magazines would be cheap.
It would cost $500 retail.

1911glockaprilfools10001.jpg

It would work right out of the box.
It wouldn't be picky about ammo.
It would let me be my own gunsmith.
It would have less parts.
It wouldn't rust.
Magazines would be cheap.
It would cost $500 retail.

Hey, you can dream! :D

Make one that takes 21 mags while youre at it. ;)

Back