Does Your Wife Carry

No, my wife does not carry... I do. ;). I've carried my Glock 26 for nearly 15 years now.

(Why do people always assume that everyone posting on the board is a guy?)

Kathy

Yup...she carries a S&W model 30-1 in .32 H&R caliber. I parkerized it some years ago and rechambered it from .32 long to H&R. It shoots like a champ and so does she.

Does my wife carry/

XDS Springfield in .45 acp. She even buys clothes, that help to concealment her pistol. There is a sector of the clothing industry that caters to women who carry.

My wife is a good shooter and has hunted from a teenager. I would never let my wife carry anything that I wouldn't carry myself. I gave her a HK USP Compact 9mm years ago and she loves it. She will not carry any gun with out a conventional safty. Compact pocket guns are much harder to shoot accurately and a poor choice for a beginner shooter.

You guys are lucky! I don't have a wife, or even a girl friend at the moment, but I'd love to find someone who carries, or at least is into guns and shooting. I also wish my mom would carry, but she's never even shot a gun. That's going to change though...

better shot than me

she does and has carried both a Colt 38 detective special and and recently a Ruger LC9. The LC9 is easier for her to use since she has developed arthritis. Shew I have to behave

My wife of 30 years has her CWP pending. Although I have had one for a couple of decades, she just recently decided to start carrying due to a couple of incidents in our lives.

Her choice of carry pistol is the P238. That pistol has come up several times already in this thread, and the folks at my local range/LGS say that it is one of the most popular choices by women. My wife feels like it gives her a good combination of concealability with ease and accuracy of shooting. I would rather she carry a larger caliber, but she made an informed choice and she is definitely better off with a .380 than she is unarmed.

Her choice of carry pistol is the P238. That pistol has come up several times already in this thread, and the folks at my local range/LGS say that it is one of the most popular choices by women. My wife feels like it gives her a good combination of concealability with ease and accuracy of shooting. I would rather she carry a larger caliber, but she made an informed choice and she is definitely better off with a .380 than she is unarmed.

Bravo! She found what was right for her, she carries it and you recognize the value in that. So many guys issue their female SO's a weapon then complain that they don't use or carry it.

If you're wife/GF is on the fence about carrying do yourself a favor and get her a copy of Kathy's book - The Cornered Cat. Available in print or Kindle. It has very little to do with obtaining a permit. It has everything to do with living with a permit and the whole topic of taking personal responsibility for one's safety.

After reading that book she may decide against it but it'll be a well informed decision that's right for her.

(Why do people always assume that everyone posting on the board is a guy?)

Are we/you reading between the lines?
Has the TFL become the politically correct forum?
Perhaps to be politically correct the OP should have asked in the following manner,
Does you significant other carry?

I do not have a wife, but my girlfriend does not carry. She does not dislike guns and goes shooting with me from time to time but she does not feel she is experienced enough to carry a gun for self defense. I think she would be just fine carrying, but my opinion in this situation is not important (come to think of it, I have been told my opinion is not important in most issue). More seriously, we are talking about getting her into a class to get her more comfortable with it.

My wife has carried a S&W .38 Chief's Special since 1984. She also has a SIG, XDm, FNx, and shot revolver action pistol last weekend with my S&W 625.

Back