Does Your Wife Carry

You bet! Usually a Kel-Tec .32acp but she also has a Bersa Thunder .380 that she's pretty handy with as well. She can, and has, practiced with every pistol we own up to a 5" 45acp and is proficient with all of them.

She's a charter member of GRITS (Girls Raised In The South)!

She just picked up a Sig P238 for her carry gun. She wants to get to the range with it a bit more before she starts to carry it.

My wife has, and carrys a Colt Detective Special, S&W Model 637, Ruger LCP,and a Walther PPK/S ( not all at once )

My wife does not carry, does not want to shoot guns but she does not mind me carrying. Back in the early 60s she used to shoot my rifles and was very good at it, but over the years she has changed her mind on firearms. I have always had a gun in the house and she did not mind.

What my wife carries

She really likes the Bobcat she has the sights zeroed in, of what sights there is on one, she hits bulleyes at 20 feet, :confused:

I don't have a wife, obviously.. :) I carry, however. At the moment, I carry a p238 because I can conceal it under my lighter weight summer clothing. I have a number of firearms though, for carry or range.
I do have a fiancé and of course, considering he owns a firearms training school, he carries..

No. I believe she would have to feel a genuine need before she would consider carrying a gun. Unfortunately, we all know that's usually too late.

To be honest, I don't at all encourage her to carry a gun. I feel it would have to be her idea and her choice. That way she would be more receptive to getting proper training.

She is fine with me carrying, and has no problem with my having guns and shooting. She is not uncomfortable around guns - it just doesn't interest her at the moment. I suspect she feels the same way about my guns as I do about her closet full of shoes.

Yes and she's darn good too!

Beretta 950BS .25 and/or Charter Undercover .38 snub.
We had a S&W 642 Airweight but she really didn't like it and stayed with the Charter.
Sig P238 is on the list.

I can't get her to. She's handled k-frame 38 revolvers very well, but refuses to carry. I'd like her to, but you married guys know how that works. ;)

Back