Does your gun do both CCW and nightstand duty?

It's a great question, one I've thought about many times. I currently carry a G23 or Ruger LC9, and have a G19 with a light and spare G17 mag for "nightstand". I'm strongly considering having my KelTec Sub2000 with a light replace the G19. The "nightstand" is actually an electronic safe under the bed that houses both guns, for children issues.

It's not practical for me to use the same gun all of the time. I like keeping a 5 inch steel 1911 Colt series 70 hidden by my bed, but I also always lay out a Smith and Wesson 25-2, 45 ACP Revolver for night duty.

However, I have several carry guns, which get chosen according to my clothing choices, weather, etc. Where I am planning on going enters into it too.

I love it, I have 500 rounds of 125gr Gold Dots and about 250 rds of frangable.
I also have the .40 barrel for it with 750 rounds of L.E. Win Rangers and 1000rds of FMJ.

Right now yes. My EDC is a beretta storm subcompact. I plan on getting the full size version for the bedside soon

I love it, I have 500 rounds of 125gr Gold Dots and about 250 rds of frangable.
I also have the .40 barrel for it with 750 rounds of L.E. Win Rangers and 1000rds of FMJ.

Nice, I've been thinking about getting a .357SIG barrel for my P226. Sounds like a darn good idea. I've never fired that round before. Is it anything like the characteristics of a .40?

Also, again I got lost in the links of your signature. Love it.

Yes. Makes life easier.

Yeah. I get that feeling too...I think I'm sticking to that. Something about just mounting that TLR-1 to the end of my gun and calling it a night makes me happy.

Right now yes. My EDC is a beretta storm subcompact. I plan on getting the full size version for the bedside soon

I had the full size version of that gun. Sweet shooter. 17+1? Can't go wrong with that!

My CCW is either a gen 3 Glock 19 or a Kahr K9 with 1 or 2 extra mags.

My primary night watch gun is a S&W 6906. I don't/won't keep a gun on the nightstand in the open where someone can get at it. The 6906 is under my pillow with the safety on. Depending on the circumstances, I keep a Glock 34 with a light/laser combo tucked away close to a Mossberg 590.

Lots of choices but the gun I shoot the most and carry is the one on my night stand. It's good to have one you can trust and know exactly where it shoots.

I have a XD9c for my night stand and have a Sig p250c 9mm, XD40c, or a Keltec PF9 for rotation in my carry pistols.

Here are my choices. I have CCW'd most of them at one time or another.

There is a difference between the 357Sig and .40 but to me it is minimal.

handguns.jpg

I have six conceal carry guns which include my nightstand gun. My Springfield Loaded is on my nightstand however it is my least carried gun, but the most shot at the range.

I carry a xds most days. I love it, but it's pretty small. Also, my primary concerns at home are foxes, raccoons, and occasionally a bear that needs to be scared off. So I generally keep a 9mm with a light loaded with fmj on my nightstand. My spare mag has jhps.
In the morning I put it back into the little wall safe in my closet and grab my carry gun. Not a big deal.

No, because I can't fit my 12 GA under a shirt, especially in summer. :o

But as far as my handgun is concerned, the same one is usually backup at home and primary elsewhere.

Nightstand: Glock 21
Summer carry: Talo Colt New Agent
Winter carry: Sig Compact Stainless 1911

So, different guns. I prefer to carry and shoot 1911's, but my nightstand and competition guns are Glocks.

Back