Does your gun do both CCW and nightstand duty?

I have separate guns for those two jobs. I have a 4" S&W Model 13 loaded with the FBI load in a biometeric gun safe in the bedroom. I use an LCP or a CW45 as CCW guns. My wife does not like pistols (she carries a 2 3/4" Ruger Security Six) so the M13 is the perfect night stand gun for us.

My EDC G26 is the most familiar, and chosen because of its simplicity. Both are assets in a nightstand pistol, when I reasoned that I might be a bit foggy when I need it. So it does double duty.

A Beretta 92 is also readily accessible, but in a late-night emergency the first rounds are going to come out of the G26.

I am also in the habit of laying out pistol, spare mag, and flashlight, right to left in order, in the nightstand drawer, whether at home or in a hotel room, just so that everything is automatic if I need it.

Kahr PM9 is my EDC & nightstand gun. The last thing off at night & the first thing on in the mornin'! And yes, it goes in the bathroom with me when I shower.:)

3apy3upu.jpg

You know BlackBerry isn't doing well when they've branched out into making mag pouches. ;)

Using the same pistol for both is an excellent system if there are children in the house.

The gun is always either on your person, or within your reach, and therefore out of reach of curious little hands.

Sure. I wouldn't want to swap around so much. Just get used to one and stay with it unless you want a shotgun by your bed also.

I currently only own two pistols. The one I shot at the range today will be the one on my nightstand tonight.

Mine are both 45 Colts, a 4" Redhawk and a 3.75" birdshead Vaquero.

Getting into warmer weather the Redhawk is spending a lot of time in the safe right now. Getting ready for hunting season long about August first or so I'll start practicing with the Redhawk again.

If I afford a third pistol I'll probably dedicate a Colt p1840 or p1841 to nightstand duty with occasional daytime carry.

Kahr PM9 is my EDC & nightstand gun. The last thing off at night & the first thing on in the mornin'! And yes, it goes in the bathroom with me when I shower.:)

That's exactly how I am and always have been with whatever I'm carrying. Currently my Glock 19. That's the way to do it!

You know BlackBerry isn't doing well when they've branched out into making mag pouches. ;)

Lmao. I posted once saying something similar to that. When someone created a thread on the topic of how to carry a spare mag. I found that in an old draw of "random stuff" which we all have, then it took the liberty of being useful.

My CCW/Nightwatch friends

dec08-feb09130.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

Nice! .357SIG. How do you like that round?

My night stand gun is a XD9c, my carry pistols are either a XD40sc, Sig P250c9mm, or a Keltec PF9. My clothes or my mood decides which one I will carry.

My duty gun is a FNP45 Tactical, it does secondary duty as my nightstand gun with the addition of a light. Off duty is either a Colt Commander or a S&W snubby, depending on what I'm wearing.

Constantine said:
Who has a CCW gun that also takes part in night watch? Or do you have separate guns for each duty?
At my house, almost everything that gets CC'd does nightstand duty. Not everthing that "takes part in night watch" is suitable for CC, though.

I currently have a S&W 10-7 4in. as my nightstand gun. It is loaded with the FBI load and also gets used as my CCW fairly often. I also have a Remington-Rand 1911 hanging from the headboard in an old G.I. M-3 shoulder holster. A 12ga. double next to the bed and a Colt Dick Spl. in the wife's nightstand. At last count I had around 11 flashlights and a 20 million candle power spotlight in the bedroom.

My carry gun does double duty. On the night stand while sleeping, on the belt if I'm not.

My wife does have a J-frame she keeps by the bedside all the time, so I guess we have double coverage at night.

Depends what time of year. When its cold enough for a jacket or cover shirt, I carry my M&P9C. All year long, it goes on the headboard at night with a 17 rd mag. In warmer weather my ccw is a Shield 9. A Mossy 500 also hangs on a hook in my closet, 3 feet away.

Springfield XDS for me, aftermarket night sights. I hated the fiber optic front sight. If it's not on me, it's in the nightstand.

Back