Does anyone else get the heebies jeebies at a car wash?

OK, I know I'm going to get flammed, but there seems to be no end of paranoia and finding reasons to be on "condition red" by some folks. I wonder how some manage to change their underwear without fear their ass is not covered.

Again....."WOW!!!"

Where are you folks living that you have a fear of going to the locale carwash??? Can you not move to a safer community? :confused:

there seems to be no end of paranoia and finding reasons to be on "condition red" by some folks. I wonder how some manage to change their underwear without fear their ass is not covered.

GREAT! Now I've got something ELSE to be scared about. :eek: :eek:

I go to the carwash the same way I walk to my car downtown -- I keep my eyes open, but I don't let a perceived threat stop me from doing what I want to do when I want to do it. And in either situation if I have a .38 close at hand ... so much the better.

I have two irrational fears:

(1) Clowns
(2) Car washes

Especially the brushless automatic ones where you sit in the car and wait for the wash to finish. I always fear that I am going to get shot up in the car wash, especially when the soap is covering the windows and I can't see out. I feel like Santino at the toll booth in The Godfather. Of course, this is pretty stupid because the BG would have to get all wet shooting me, and sometimes the water pressure is strong enough to knock someone down.

As for clowns, I hate the way they are so damn cheerful... :eek:

Has anyone ever been muged robed ect... at a car wash.

I haven't, but here in Austin there was a spree of abductions at local car washes several years back. The whole town rode around in dirty cars. Pretty much the same as now...

The closest car wash to my work is a real hip-hop hang out. I live 50 miles away and there is a good car wash in a small town along the way. If I can't get to it at home, I wait until I get there. 2 years ago, here in Columbia, MO where I work, there was a homicide at a car wash. Don't know the details of that one. But ever since, I have not stopped locally to wash my truck.

:cool: There have been plenty of homicides taking place in a bank, have you stopped going into banks to? I must be one of the bravest guys on the planet, no carry gun, go to car wash's, banks, restaurants . Get this, last night my wife and I went out to eat!! No gun! what a rush................... :cool:

Last edited:
There have been plenty of homicides taking place in a bank, have you stopped going into banks to? I must be one of the bravest guys on the planet, no carry gun, go to car wash's, banks, restaurants . Get this, last night my wife and I went out to eat!! No gun! what a rush...................

Dude ... if you're still alive by the time this arrives ... that's just CRAZY talk. I get woozy just thinking about going out unarmed :barf: .

As to the post about clown ... yes, clowns are EVIL. They wear masks, and torture little balloons into becoming WEINER DOGS! How WRONG is that.

And the first clown that squirts me with his red flower is going to get a full mag of 9mm's fired at him.

Smile at that, funny boy ... :D :D

Dude, get this,

I survived last night picking up my daughter from afterschool care, lots of "young" punks there if you know what I mean. And today, Its her 8th birthday and we're going to, get this, Jillians, a restaurant/arcade theme restaurant chock FULL of toughs, and we're all going unarmed! Talk about cojones, man we NY'ers are bad. :D However, when I watch the Yankee game tonight I might be keeping a piece or two nearby. A piece of pizza that is, enjoy the day, walk on the wild side............. :cool:

(I really have to stop this goofing around, please all forgive my stupid sense of humor)

Try the ones in Detroit - Everytime I went to wash my sports car I felt like I had to be at the top of my alertness game the entire time I was there. I don't know how many times while I was washing the car I played it out in my mind how I was going to handle the situation. I knew it would probably always start out with two or more perps coming up to the car to tell me how nice it looked and then they would start their crap.

Another place I feel the same way is at an ATM after sundown. I always have the CC ready.

I don't go to coin-ops. or walk up atms. I hate parking garages and pedestian tunnels though. tend to check my gear before entering!

I live in ohio geeeeez

Are you guys serious? this amazing! I am getting nervous too. do you guys live in bad areas or something? Dasmi you are really funny sometimes. I really never thought about it before but you guys are right, you are bending over, making loud noises and have your car door open and the keys maybe in it. GOOD POINT!!! I wish that most people would carry but I guess not all people see things the way we do. I will becareful about people near me. I work on a not so good street and sometimes I am nervous because I get off work around 5:30 in the morning but I do bike which is a plus and I am always watching over my shoulder. its mostly people asking me for money. GOSH I hate that. I would not mind it so much if I were armed But I am not so I want them to leave me the FU<K ALONE!!! is there any tip offs to tell rather someone is following you or not thanks so much!!! :o :confused:

This is not an option all the time, however I usually take someone with me when I use the coin op. Someone else becomes the lookout so to speak. I usually take the other half, but sometimes I grab a buddy and we do some running around while we are out.

You mean your other half washes the truck for you...since when do you wash your own truck?

Back