Do you vary which gun you carry?

Although I have several suitables for cc, I stay with those that support my training and muscle memory. For instance, I never carry a FA with a manual safety. 25+ years of training and daily carry muscle memory will always take control in a stress situation. As such I stay with either a Sig, Glock or S&W revolver. All my auto carry is .40 (Sig 229, Sig 239, G27) or .38 5 shot in the pocket. Going into harms way I will bring something like G23 or Sig 229.

The fancy 1911 is fun to shoot or show off at a BBQ, it is not something I have trained with under stress and therefore would not intentionally take into harms way. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
At home or walking the dog, there's an NAA Pug in my front pocket always. If I'm out in the car, going anywhere, my Kahr PM9 has been my go-to EDC for nine years of no-failure perfection. Just got an XDs .45 and will probably go to that when I can wear something to cover it on my belt. Got rid of the j-frame that used to be in the rotation; I do occasionally carry a Kimber UCII, again if I'm wearing something I can cover it with ... don't like IWB, so that's not an option. I have nice leather holsters for the Kimber and soon (waiting for delivery) for the Springer. I use a kydex paddle for the Kahr.

I carry my XD40 or my Sig 229 all the time. After I had lower back surgery last year I had to switch to OWB or shoulder rig. My biggest problem was getting a decent shoulder rig that wouldn't stretch. Ended making one.

I'm reducing my logistic overhead, so I'm replacing my 9x18 Bulgie Mak that i've been carrying with a 9mm compact. I've been rotating my new XDS/9mm and Ruger SR9c to see which one works better.

Eventually, I"ll settle on one of the two and stick to it as a primary. I like the crap out of both, though, so I intend to keep both.

I'm in the process of getting my carry permit (California). I've been around long enough to know that things often go work out as planned, but I plan on carrying my Kahr CW9 in the summer; and my Glock 29SF in the winter.

We'll see how it goes.

I carried a lot more often before we moved, new job in new town has a no weapons policy. Always at work, and most other times it was a Glock 19. Occasionally around town I would pack a 642. IWB sometimes, but usually that one was in a pocket. I mean, if I was going to go to all the trouble to put on a holster, might as well have the Glock.

When we are out in the country on private land, wandering around will most likely be done with my Cimarron Model P in .45 Colt.

Yes - often. There is usually a KT .380 or .32 in my RF pants pocket, and a Taurus .38 in a bag that rides in the car with me (along with cell phone, flashlight, meds, etc).
I have been trying a tuckable IWB holster recently (with a S&W 3913). With cooler weather coming, a sweater will cover an IWB or OWB, so the choices will be the S&W 9mm, a S&W 642 (.38), S&W 640 (.357) or a Glock 23 (.40).
When traveling to Maine this fall, there will be a Ruger SP101 (.357 with 3" barrel) in a case with spare ammo, in addition to whatever is on my hip.

99% of the time I carry a S&W 640 ina pocket holster. But for times when am cruising the beach wearing only a speedo to cover my old hairy pasty white body I carry an NAA Mini in 22 short because I can CCW that thing with just a speedo.

the mini also works well at the gym. :D

LOL

I have a NAA 22S and I think we need a new infraction for generating horrible mental images = :D:D. That one hit too close to home.

Shorts and hot weather - a J frame. Other times - Glock 9 and cover garment.

I do have a NAA 22 mag and an LCp for getting the mail or lounging around the house.

While not mention, in around the house causal - I throw a small Surefire and a small Spyderco in my pocket. Both of these get used quite a lot as tools.

Back