Do you vary which gun you carry?

Spats - If you wear a sport coat, then IMO a Galco shoulder rig (such as the Miami Classic) is the most awesome most comfortable way to carry a pistol.... As long as you leave the sport coat on. I can easily conceal a full size 1911, Sig 220, or full size glock under a sport coat.

I carry the same manual of arms, and 99 percent of the time it's the same gun, my primary in the same location on my person.

Primary is a Beretta 92a1

Secondary is a Stoeger Cougar compact (I notched my 92 mags so they will work in the Cougar if needed)

Potential pocket pistol is a S&W cs9 (I've got to get some slimmer grips and a shorter magazine)

All da/sa with slide mounted safety/decockers.

At work I carry a Kahr CM9 in the pocket all day and keep a P89 in the truck. At night Glock 19 IWB regardless of dress and sometimes the Kahr as backup. I don't pocket a Taurus 85 anymore since I got the Kahr.

Several from Kimber commander to CZ or Canik 9mm all with the same IWB holster. I did change a few guns so that all are now cocked and locked with safety where at one point I had a couple of decockers that have since been replaced with like guns but in safety versions.

My Main Carry Guns are, Ruger SP101,& LCR357, 617 Taurus, 442 S&W. I carry 2 of these at all times. The Ruger SP101 and 617 Taurus are IWB Guns and the LCR and 442 are pocket Guns. When I want to go "Lite" the 442 is in the pocket and LCR357 in the Waist. I have others that I mix in from time to time but, these are my favorites and are carried and practiced with 99% of the time.

Cutting grass in my safe neghborhood a .22 in the pocket will do.

Most other places a .38 J-frame will do and for the ghetto it's one of my .45's or soon to be my 8 shot .357 N frame.

I almost always have my Model 36 with me rother in a backpack or holster.For discreet carry I sometimes carry my Cobra .38 derringer or for max discretio either a beretta 21A .22 or a tiny Davis .22 derringer Size does matter when going smallthese are the smallest guns I can control.
BPDave

Yes, I vary what I carry depending on my outfit, what I'm doing, and the weather. Obviously, winter clothes tend to be bulkier than summer clothes. Bulkier clothes tend to allow for a greater range of concealment. As guns get smaller and more concealable; some combination of capacity, caliber, comfortable power limits, and available features is usually on the table for compromise. Having a decent selection of carry options will help you to have the most effective tool possible, God forbid that you ever need it.

I carry many different handguns at different times based primarilly on whim, and occasionally on deep concealment concerns.

I own them, I want to carry them.

^^^ I like that. To quote the TV character, Dr. Sheldon Cooper, "What's life without whimsy?".

In the past few months I have carried:

Ruger Redhawk .44 magnum, OC in OWB holster @ 3:00 (Working on my property) rarely.

SA Mil-Spec, .45 ACP, Mexican-carry from the house to the truck/car where it is placed in the passenger seat pocket.

For daily choice, one of these:

Kahr PM9 or Charter Arms Bulldog Pug, each in the same Don Hume OWB in cross-draw under polo shirt.

Pocket: NAA Guardian .32, S&W 340 PD with .38spls
Shirt pocket: NAA Mini .22 short.

Best,

W

My everyday concealed carry gun for urban and social scenes is my NAA Mini-Revolver in .22WMR. For road trips, and to keep in my luggage in hotel/resort rooms, I usually pack my S&W 386 Sc/S .357 Magnum, or my Charter .44 Bulldog. For outdoorsy use like camping or hiking, where I might encounter assorted unpleasant critters, I choose between a S&W Model 29, Colt New Service Target, .45Colt, or Webley MK.VI., .45ACP. I prefer revolvers like the Colt and Model 29 because I can load both snake shot and bear loads in the same cylinder. That's cool. I carry the Webley when I'm only worried about snakes and people. Not too many bear loads in .45ACP to choose from.

My all-time favorite for packing in the wilderness has always been the Colt New Service Target, but since it's 93 years old, I have sort of semi-retired it.

Come to think of it, I don't really use my autoloaders for anything except fun, collecting and shooting.

Back