Do you carry +1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1911Alaska

Question for everyone who carries. Also for LEO.

You obviously carry with your clip full, but do you carry with one in the chamber?

And if you are a in law enforcement, security ect. Do you carry with one in the chamber while on duty?

I do not carry with one in the chamber and probably never will. But I could see the benefits of it if I were a on duty police officer.

Always one in the chamber, otherwise you have an empty gun.:eek:

What are you gonna do when some dirt bag jumps you, say "hang on a minute while I rack my slide"?
I guess you could always throw the gun at him.:D

I do,,,

Because it doesn't make sense to have to rack a slide in an emergency situation.

Besides, not doing so would negate the SA/DA action of my fine pistol.

I know a few people who carry with no round in the chamber,,,
My personal opinion is that they are intentionally placing a handicap on their selves.

Aarond

Do you mean, for instance my gun has a magazine capacity of 15, so are you asking would I carry 16 rounds? Or are you asking if we carry with the gun ready to fire with a round in the chamber?

Of course, doesn't everyone?:rolleyes:

This debate comes up fairly often it seems and usually ends up closed after 4-5 pages or so of "yes I do" "no, I don't" or one of the former statements followed by"...and you're an idiot if you don't"

Do you mean, for instance my gun has a magazine capacity of 15, so are you asking would I carry 16 rounds? Or are you asking if we carry with the gun ready to fire with a round in the chamber?
Beat me to it, was about to edit to ask this very question

I carry whenever I legally can, and I always carry with a round in the chamber. I'm not going to count on having the use of both hands in an emergency.

I am not going to bet the life of myself or a loved one that I'll have the opportunity to rack my slide in a confrontation. Fine motor skills are known to erode quickly in a panic situation. I ALWAYS carry with one in the chamber.

Always one in the pipe. Also all chambers loaded on my revolver too. As stated your not ready for anything if you have to rack the slide before firing.

ALWAYS. What happens if at a moments notice u need to defend yourself? Do say-please wait while i chamber a round?. Plus, u dont want adrhenaline to muck up your chambering a round or find out at that life n death moment ur round jammed. ALWAYS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Rule number 1, Every gun is always loaded has a dual meaning. My 1911 is always carried in condition one

I have a colleague and friend who leaves his home defense (Night Stand) pistol in condition three as a safety precaution (wife, kid) I may not agree but it works for him.

Almost everyone does and if not they should. Well, not everyone. There's some people who shouldn't even carry, period.

I carry all the ammo I can, within reason. Never heard anyone that had been in a gun fight that they had too much ammo.

ALWAYS one in the pipe.

I never saw a good clarification from the OP ... it seems like two questions were being rolled into one.

1. Do you carry with one in the chamber? ALWAYS
2. Do you carry with a topped off mag? Different question, but for me the same answer. If I am willing to do a tactical reload (which puts the pistol in that +1 condition) then I can't see any reason not to carry it FullMag+1.

Saands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back