Do y'all carry in your house?

If I needed more incentive to carry, the story of Shasta Groene would be reason enough.

Not me. Not mine. Not today.

pax

I carry at home 99% of the time. For the times I dont though, we have a 44 special revolver within reach for the wife or I to grab while watching tv. Also, we both keep a gun in our nightstands beside the bed.

Nope, I do not carry at home. A firearm will be close by and when I retire for the evening, it goes to the nightstand. If for some reason I cant get to my handgun there is always the "run to" gun, which is a 12ga.

I don't carry a gun on my belt or anything but I have a .40 that sits next to me wherever I go. If I am studying it is sitting on my desk, if I go to the living room to watch TV it comes with me and sits on the coffee table. You never know when you need it and people who are in situations where they need one always seem to say they never thought it would happen to them. I don't think I will ever have to use my handgun but I don't want to be caught without it if the time comes where it is needed.

I just posted my life's experiences a little while ago that clearly tells a story of many years of being victimized, probably far more than statistics can even come close to. I'vebeen kidnapped 3 times, robbed, shot at, and honestly more incidents than I can even recall. What I believe saved my life and that others I didn't mention who were fortunate enough I was near by was my weapon. I carry all the time. And what I mean by all the time, I mean its on my hip no matter where I am, and under my pillow when I sleep. I don't go to the bathroom in my home without my gun in my hand. But if anyone were to have encountered as many certain life threatening events as I have I believe they would be as prepared as I am.
The first event in my life happened when I was 12 years old, I am now 54 yrs. of age. I was on my bike riding the 8 or 10 miles to a favorite rabbit hunting spot at the wee hours of the morning. A man in a truck stopped along side the road and asked me to stop, he needed directions if I recall. I was cautous enough to not get within reach of him, but he seemed to pick up on my vibe and wasted no time with any further small talk and grabbed for me and got hold of my coat. During the scuffle I was able to get hold of my 22 pistol and ended the attack with a shot fired. I missed him, but put a hole through his windshield.
So with that said, and sparing you a long list of deadly encounters, I say yes, keep your weapon within reach, always! I know I'm an exception regarding statistics for such incidents, but it is also statistics that a LEO will not be there when you are being victimized.
" When seconds count, the police are only a few minutes away "

i carry all the time

since my accidents that messed up my shoulders i dont feel that i can 'fight' off all attackers...I'm 6'2 an 270 and pretty strong....carrying everyday even in my house has actually helped. twice when guy wheeled off my Chopper and nother guy my buell.....couple instances when at party at my house ignorant violent aholes(friends of friend) were ejected due to fighting came back after being warned police were coming and if they wanted to get hurt more i would use deadly force....
which ended up for most part me pulling my pistol out with bunch of guys on doorstep telling me they were gonna kill me..nothing more embarrassing than having my neighbors watch me at 5 am hold a gun to a mans face and try to talk him down.....as of yet the firearm has led to them leaving somewhat peacefully

so all in all responsible use of firearms can be a boon, but if you dont have one on hand you better be a good talker and or a bruce lee protoge

triumph666

just more proof that guns&booze don't mix! I am not saying you were drinking; it is still more proof that the two can be volatile together. glad that ahole didn't have too much liquid courage to make you have to send him to his maker a few decades too early!

I carry in my house about half the time. Early in the morning I don't wake up and strap on my gun, but if I'm getting dressed or got home from going out then yes, its on my side. Every now and then I'll put it on top of a cabinet though.

Pretty much if I'm awake there's a gun on my belt or in a pocket, and if I'm asleep there's a .38 next to my bed, a .45 3 feet away and a 12 gauge 2 feet past that.

No need in my house, there's a gun of some sort in almost every room a 30-30 Marlin Lever in the kitchen, whatever I was carrying will be in the living room if I'm in there, a gun safe in my room along with the trusty 870 and both pistols and whatever Dad is hiding in his room is as surprising to me as it is to any intruder (it changes daily i think) and they are always in arms reach.

I carry all the time any vertually every where, my home, the bank, church, and sleep with one under my pillow. I also keep other handguns in places that could serve well if for some reaosn I was releaved of my primary.

I dont carry in my home but I have a few guns throughout the house in little spots that I can get to fairly fast. I guess that is kind of like carrying.

Back