Do I risk the divorce?

Hey! It may be little, but it's cute!!
Errr,
My gun collection....

Well, i actually brought it up with her the other day. She was telling me about it being overcast in Florida (just south of Jacksonville). Told her i wasn't feeling much sympathy since while she's been gone i've spent 4 days shoveling snow and chipping ice.
Then she says the magic words.
"You deserve a reward!"
YESSS!!!

I tell her about my find.
I get, " do you really need another rifle?"
Ab so freak'n lutely!!
And go on to exclaim the virtues of the 24B, and how none of my other rifles are quite as suitable for a planned Colorado elk hunt.

"But we could buy a new heatpump and furnace with that."
She has no clue....

So she agreed we would talk about it more when she gets home ( she left today at 5am) and how much i need to make payments so i can afford it.
"Cause it's NOT coming out of the savings account!!!". And i need to still put money into the savings account.

Of course it helped me, when i asked how much she spent on her trip to, while there, and back from Fla. :D

You just may have to bite the bullet on this one--look at negotiable non-cost items (volunteer to build a woman-cave for her?). It might also help that she gets a measurable return on the new rifle. For example, you can promise her special tasty game breakfast served in bed several times a week for the next week or two in exchange for the increased game-taking ability that the rifle will enable to provide her.

Avoid honesty at all costs, you may lose your entire collection and her.:D

My wife tried the whole "do you need it" crap with me.
I told her that it's not a matter of whether I needed it. It was a matter of me wanting something. And that I work hard for the things that we have. And I deserve to be be able to spend my own money as I see fit. (Within reason)

I also offered to buy her a new Glock...... So that probably helped too.

My wife would slap me if i offered to buy her a Glock. New or used.
She's a 1911 girl! :D

And i already bought her a Savage 110FP in 223 Rem. Adjusted the trigger for her, EGW 20 MOA one piece base, Warne rings, Vortex Crossfire II 6-18X50 scope, and Apollo knock off bipod and her own rear bag.
Not to mention the loading dies, bullets, powder, primers that she uses. :eek:

Last edited:
Maybe a romantic weekend is in order? Something like attending a long-range shooting seminar at Gunwerks for the two of you?;)

PS--keep in mind my current girlfriend is a blow-up doll with a built in tape recording that repeats "you're the king"--so you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt.

Ok, she's on her way back from Florida.
Dishes are done & put away.
Boots, hats, coates in closet. Mail filed.
Ran vacuum, quick dusting.
Bed stripped, sheets, blankets in the washer.
Ice & snow cleared from sidewalk, her car, and around her car.
Trash went out yesterday.
Guest room painted.

Oh, and i baked a cake. From scratch. None of that box stuff for this kid!

What am I missing? :D

I'll hand in my man card tomorrow...

Kinda surprised Wendyj hasn't chimed in on this thread. Lol

Sorry Wendy!!!
I can't believe i totally missed that!
But then your husband isn't gonna get upset with YOU buying a new rifle.
You probably go gun shopping together. Lol

No not really. We usually listen to what one or the other rented or liked at the gun range and try to surprise one another. We do a lot of hand gun shooting together but our work hours interfere with rifle range time. He will spend more money on a gun he really likes and optics while I try and stay more budget friendly if that’s possible these days. I don’t think you’ll be divorced as she’s a shooter and Reloader herself. Tell her it’s a Wyoming necessity. Lol. Sounds like a good deal and the good guns go quick nowadays. Keep reminding her of that Florida vacation. JK. I think you’ll be fine.

Well, she's a shooter at least.
I do all the reloading.
Unless you mean putting the cartridges in the gun. She empties faster than loads. ;)

And i'm not bringing up the whole Wyoming thing right now. She was less than amused, shall we say, when i told her i'd send her the new address. :D

Ok, she's on her way back from Florida.
Dishes are done & put away.
Boots, hats, coates in closet. Mail filed.
Ran vacuum, quick dusting.
Bed stripped, sheets, blankets in the washer.
Ice & snow cleared from sidewalk, her car, and around her car.
Trash went out yesterday.
Guest room painted.

Oh, and i baked a cake. From scratch. None of that box stuff for this kid!

What am I missing?

Dang man!!!! You better go toss some dirt on the floor somewhere.... she's gonna think another woman was there while she was gone!!:p

Oh, yeah ....almost forgot....your missing the gun!:D

To my wife, a gun is a gun and they all look the same to her. Though she does notice an increasing number of guns in my basement gun room. When I built our house, I built a walk out basement. When I purchase another gun, I bring it in by the basement entrance. One day, she asked how many guns I had, I said I had no idea. She said let's go count them, I said let's not. But she does count them! To be fair, for her birthday and at Christmas, I always buy her really nice jewelry! I don't skimp on the cost. When she ask why I have so many guns, I tell her their like jewelry, I just have to have more.

Grow a pair Dude!
If she wants a divorce for buying guns with your money she wasn't the right one to start with.
You could get her interested in shooting guns so it would help expand your relationship with every gun bought.
Just be careful you may buy a gun that she likes to shoot & she will take it away from you. LOL

Back