Deer Blinds or Stands

I built this shooting house 3 years ago after wanting one for years. I built it big enough to take the whole family if I wanted to. I've since added some stuff inside so the whole family is a bit crowded. The latest upgrade is a woodstove, though I'm not through putting it in yet.

83fce2e8.jpg

Movingtheshootinghouse071.jpg

662a058d.jpg

I'm diggin that stand...It's 6 sided too....Question? Why gun rack on the ceiling? U definitely want a swivel chair.....

Last edited:
Thanks. I had fun building it, and I'm already wanting to build another one similar to it. This is looking south....farthest shot possible is about 350 yards.
17c0f8c0.jpg

This is looking north....300-yard max.
f4ea0318.jpg

I put the coated screws up there to hold my Encore, which I leave there all season. It's wearing a .223 heavy barrel for fox/coyote/bobcat/etc. I hate shooting small critters with regular calibers. I also have two .25-06 hulls with the primers drilled out for 3" screws above the door for a gun rack....
8874af6f.jpg

And here's the one I had for while I'm hunting, though I've since changed it up a bit....
f9a8caf7.jpg

And yes, I have a swivel seat!

I like the idea of havin a varmint gun there while U are deer huntin....Do U think the wood stove will affect your hunting?

I don't think so. I burn wood here at the house and my dad has an outdoor furnace that heats water and house, so there's always smoke around here in the winter. I'll likely go down and build a little fire every evening or so a few weeks before gun season next year to get them used to the idea. I doubt I'll get it finished in time this season, as I only have one week left.

Wood stove sounds nice but I have a 20 gallon propane tank with a 9,000-14,000 BTU heater on it which will drive you out on the high setting even in below 0º F weather. When done just turn it off. And it lasts all season.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00765.jpg
    DSC00765.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 69
I have a propane heater too..only it never got cold enough this season to use it in my stand.....

Last edited:
I have a Mr. Heater Buddy in there already, but I don't care for the expense of the little propane bottles, and don't care to have a big tank in there. I own/operate a tree service, so I have more wood than I can shake a stick at. Why not put it to good use? I just have a thing for wood heat. I love it.

I just have a thing for wood heat. I love it.

Me too...but I just never thought of havin a wood heater in a deer stand.....Let me know how it goes.....

How many feeders U gonna put out..and at what distance?

Oh yeah..what part of the country are U located?

Alabama, and I don't do feeders. I plant a few green fields/food plots.

Only one week left this season, alas, I won't have time to get the flue set up. But I'll have several months to get it set up right. And time to cut/split my wood. It's a little thing, so I'll have to cut my wood really small.

I plant a few green fields/food plots.

I Have planted food plots before..but they only seem to do good here the last couple weeks of the season....

I will keep an eye on this thread next season...

Back