Deer Blinds or Stands

I wish the tower or tripods were built from aluminum :)
I also want to make adjustable rear legs for different grades(steep hill sides) on my revision stand,as well as making the ladder and legs 2 pcs for easier and shorter transport.

Moshooter,
Great reply. Mind if I steal some of your design? Trying to learn a bit about metal working and looking for some projects. This would be a great one.

The Hay Barn Blind

New spot for the kids. It is the loft of a old unused hay barn at the back of the property. The door of the loft has been open for some time now and with a little customization of the remaining bales and a couple of chairs..........bam deer blind.

Attachments

• img842.jpg
    img842.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 79
  • img843.jpg
    img843.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 64
I hunt mostly out of box stands. The topography of the land dictates their height. My lowest stand is six feet off the ground. My highest is 50 feet.
All my box stands have propane heat. and windows that close.

.284:

That view is a beauty ;)

My blind is a 2' diameter white oak on a slight hill to rest mo back against, with a hard maple dropped into it from the other side, top on the ground....and a water proof self heating seat cushion:D Nothing like being REALLY in the woods when it comes alive at daybreak:)

This is a picture of my 4X4 stand I put up 4 years ago. 14 feet up and features windows that close for non hunting storage. Piece of carpet, heater, and office chair make the hours sitting in it much easier.

I have 4 earth anchors and cables too, but I can't seem to keep them tight in my soft soil. May need to make some concrete pads for the cables and turnbuckles. ;)

Attachments

• 1106081308.jpg
    1106081308.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1106081309.jpg
    1106081309.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 33
My front room, setting on my couch by the fire looking out the window.

Deer%20and%20Horses.JPG

Seriously, I'm thinking about getting one of those portable blinds to use for varmint hunting and shooting in my back yard. I wont one tall enough for off hand shooting. I figure it would keep me out of the wind and keep my brass out of the snow.

Problem is is finding one tall enough to allow offhand shooting with rifle and pistol.

Last edited:
Hey kraigwy,

I busted a few for the freezer out of the window myself...just don't do it with that new M/L you just bought. The aroma from a 'smoke pole' inside the house makes the 'better-half ' a bit agitated. ;)

just don't do it with that new M/L you just bought

Funny you should say that, wife just told me today I'm not shooting that sucker from inside the house.

I do have a window in the shop that I shoot out of, guess I'm gonna have to do some figuring, after two shots I wont be albe to see to load it.

kraigwy:

Nice to see I'm not the only one around deer loving horses:D I've had to pass on beautiful shots because of an overly friendly mule more than once:rolleyes:

This is my main stand right now.....

Attachments

• IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3202.jpg
    IMG_3202.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 31
I like the hay barn blind....A friend of mine..that has a wheelchair..used to hunt out of a hay barn....

Whenever I am deer hunting I'm 24 feet minimum up a tree unless an impromptu stalk or ground hunt is called for. Gun season or bow season I'm still up a tree.

The deer I shot this past season was out of an old ladder stand about 7 or 8 feet off the ground and a platform to sit on that sits up against the tree.

Not the most comfortable stand in the world but just about anyone that sits up there in the morning or evenings for about an hour sees deer.

Other than that I occasionally use a climbing stand, we have a lot of good hardwood trees

Back