Creating a new cartridge for fans of the 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I tried to treat this as a serious "what if/how would this be done" type of discussion, but you're off in the weeds now, throwing around unquantified and unquantifiable terms such as "more stopping power" and "less powder"...

Everyone needs more stopping power than what a .45 ACP can deliver because people that are junked up with the right type of illegal drug will not feel any pain from your gun shots.

Pain can stop people, (we include that in the category of a psychological stop - OMG I've been SHOT! it HURTS!! I'm gonna stop now...:rolleyes:_ but its not what we rely on to stop dangerous animals or humans. We rely on physical damage.

You need the .475 Punisher because it has more stopping power than the .45 ACP without the heavy recoil of the 10mm Auto.

It's less gunpowder than what the 10mm Auto uses.

Show us some numbers (even estimates) supporting these claims.

Give us your theoretical reasoning to help us understand how your cartridge manages to defy the laws of physics and meet the claims you make for it.

Show us the difference in case capacity between your wildcat and the 10mm Auto. Tell us your expected bullet weight, velocity range and operating pressure. There's no free lunch in firearms physics (or, anywhere else).

Taken collectively, the members of this forum have a few centuries of experience, and while some of us are grumpy old curmudgeons (yes, that's me sometimes ;)) a lot of us do know what we're talking about from real world experience.

Also, just FYI, the Coonan, the Grizzly, the Auto Mag, the Desert Eagle and the Wildey were all made to run cartridges with a 1.6" loaded length. Your 475 wildcat with a loaded length of 1.425" wouldn't be a problem in them for length, but width is a different story.

Again, you are simply making unsupported assertions without any evidence or reasoned argument.

You utterly failed to convince anyone so once again, where is the evidence or reasoned argument that will convince me or anyone else to buy the .475 Punisher?

And what is a "SJW" and did you stay awake in any of your grammar classes? Have you had grammar classes yet?

Are you the regional spelling nazi?

Are you the regional spelling nazi?
So you totally once again refuse to address the issues presented to you and instead once again demonstrate that either you are incapable of reading or just plain dishonest. I did not question your spelling but rather pointed out that you seem unable to use grammar properly. You spelled everything correctly.

And what is a "SJW"?

You assert that the .475 Punisher is superior to what is currently available and that consumers need to be told what they need to buy yet have made no effort yet to provide evidence or even reasoned argument that has convinced anyone.

Once again, why would I want to buy a .475 Punisher handgun and ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back