CCW with a single action

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t buy a SA for CC but since I did buy one for hunting it’s nice to know if I had to CC I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you don't want to hear this, but I have never, ever read of anyone doing it on a serious basis.

Look at the Bob Wright posts, for one example.

I've seen the videos of Harrell and the gunfighter guy before. They are informative, although not demonstrating concealed carry.
This is going a little astray, but those guys have places to shoot with lots of room and where they can practice their draw and some movement. A lot of us don't have that. I know of a farm where I could set up a temporary range but it's a two hour drive one way. Hard to get good at stuff you can't practice.

Back to the original question(s):

1) I can't find a link to the story, but perhaps a year (or so) ago there was an incident in which a would-be robber of a convenience store was killed by a customer who was carrying an Italian reproduction cowboy revolver. The reason it sticks in memory is that the customer hit the floor during the shootout and bent the trigger guard on his pistol so that the trigger was inoperative. He finished the fight by (as related in the article) slip-firing the gun. I'd call that a success story, but I don't know if the customer was carrying concealed.

2) I own a couple of single action revolvers, but I have never attempted to carry one concealed so I can't offer any advice in that regard.

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread and yet no one has paraphrased the essential rules of a gunfight:
1. Don’t get in to a gunfight
2. If you fail no. 1, have a gun
3. Be the one that goes home that night

My two cents is there is nothing inferior about a single action pistol one has complete familiarity with compared to anything else one is unfamiliar with.

I hope none of us ever need to get past rule number 1.

Well, since 8 pages didn't answer the question and we did wander off into it's a good idea vs. a bad idea - I have an idea. We are spinning our wheels or the cylinder.

Thus closed unless someone can come up with some solid cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back