CC in cargo pockets question

The pocket is large enough on the shorts I buy to regularly carry a 3" 1911.

????

2015-Fashion-Brand-Hip-Hop-Harem-Pants-Baggy-Men-Denim-Jeans-Shorts-Embroidry-Jeans-Shorts-for.jpg

:D

"This thread is not about poster's behavior. This thread is about cargo pocket carry."

Given the posts that I deleted yesterday, you've both made it about each other's behavior in addition to the original topic.

So, I'll ramp up John's rather gentle reminder...

You both quit sniping at each other, or I, John, or one of the other mods WILL put an end to it.

I'd even suggest you both consider adding the other to your ignore lists.

I put my LCP in my front pocket for all of my shorts - gym, cargo, golf, etc. I would rather put my wallet or keys in the cargo part because I wouldnt want my gun banging my knees and such as I move. I have no problem putting my LCP, wallet, keys, and phone in just regular shorts. I dont need the extra pockets.

I use this holster with my LCP which makes it look like a phone/wallet in my pants. Heck I even will put it on the counter and my wife thinks its a wallet.

http://www.desantisholster.com/SUPER-FLY

Ok, I'll contribute something constructive before the ban hammer comes down.

I tote my Kahr CT380 (larger than the LCP and the CW380) in this Remora holster which fits nicely in the cargo shorts front pocket:

(Edited to add: Don't care if it prints - that's not an issue in Texas)

47f3580943b1d2661d78b8ae09aff1d1c65629b.jpg

Ok, I'll contribute something constructive before the ban hammer comes down.

I tote my Kahr CT380 (larger than the LCP and the CW380) in this Remora holster which fits nicely in the cargo shorts front pocket:

(Edited to add: Don't care if it prints - that's not an issue in Texas)

47f3580943b1d2661d78b8ae09aff1d1c65629b.jpg
It could be if you walk past a no-gun sign ;) I think that's my main reason for cargo pocket carry, it looks normal even if it prints a little because people have all kinds of similerly shaped things in that pocket anyway.

It could be if you walk past a no-gun sign

Only if no-gun signs matter where you are. Here in AZ, they carry no weight and are ignored in similar fashion. Unless it's a federally prohibited place like gov building, post office, or school.... I carry every place, every day. *shrug*

I don't walk past legal no gun signs. If they don't want my gun inside, then they don't get my money.
No-gun signs is one of my favorite things to debate. If you take your business elsewhere, or leave your gun in your car, you're supporting the no gun sign by obaying it. But here's the real kick in the balls: if you ignore the sign and carry anyway, you're funding an anti-gunner.

IMO business owners can make whatever policies they like, but attaching a criminal charge to a policy violation is crossing the line into unconstitutional. The state isn't supposed to make such laws.

So it's all a wash IMO, so I just do what I need to do to look out for me and everyone else is free to do the same.

Sidebar: I just noticed this forum isn't showing all the 'likes' I've been clicking :( Several good posts on this thread.

I find that cargo pockets just don't work with my carry guns: Sig P290, S&W .380 Bodyguard, or a S&W M60 with a 3" tube....just too much room for the gun to flop around. Too, as previously stated, I'm not crazy about heavy objects banging into my legs....too much of that 45 years ago carrying grenades. Rod

Last edited:
Concealment and quick access are two issues that can come together to achieve CC readiness. A holster is your friend. Without a holster, you are fumbling in a deep pocket full of lent and sweat. You really need an under-belt or pocket holster for quick access and to prevent your salty sweat from tarnishing the finish and flopping around as your reach for it. You would do better to have an ankle holster where you could reach it in practiced seconds. If an assailant approaches you with a knife or handgun, split seconds count in retrieving your CCW!

If speed of action was of the greatest concern for daily carry....... we would open carry.

Good grief, we all know what a can of worms those threads are.

And I'm not sure what "printing" people are concerned about. Almost every cargo pocket in my wardrobe have those funky three-panel bellows setup. Yeah, you can tell if something is in the pocket, but a gun, specifically? I don't think so.

I have carried countless times inside the cargo pocket..... if anyone has made me, they haven't let me know.

Nothing screams "gun" more in 110 degree Phoenix heat than someone wearing two shirts to hide his IWB carry.

One size does not fit all.

Last edited:
Back