Care to see what 70000 rounds on a Glock looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my Glock 19 for about a year, replaced the trigger bar assy twice, the connector twice and the block that holds the connector already. fired about 200 rounds thru it. They ain't all "perfection".
Never returned a gun if it was defective, but that not an option or sending it to Glock?

One thing Ive noticed about triggers and people bitching about them is, many really dont have much experience with anything other than what they have and are accustomed to. Give them something new or different, and the whining and excuses often begin, especially at the beginning. Any problems with performance, "have" to be the guns fault, and never the shooters.

That is not entirely true. There is a huge difference and variation among triggers and GLOCK's are not among the best.

That is why we sent the Glock 21's back to Glock after taking them on one tour. We tried them on the range and in combat.

Comapred to what?

I have Glocks, SIG's, Berettas, Colts and a couple of generic 1911's, S&W revolvers, to name a few, all stock triggers, and I really see little if any difference between any of them.

“Best” is so subjective that this could be debated till the end of time. As far as striker fired DAO guns go, Glock, to me, is pretty near of not at the top spot. Especially for ease of modifying the pull if you don’t like it stock... There is a reason that Glock is the bar by which all other striker fired guns that have come to be have been measured against...
I’m no Glock snob as I do own others but I still prefer the Glocks to any of the others.

I really see little if any difference between any of them.

Ok....well some folks can read forward and one direction and others see everything backward in dyslexia.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...g-tools/trigger-pull-gauges-weights/index.htm

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/05/foghorn/ask-foghorn-what-makes-a-good-trigger/

https://www.guns.com/news/review/whats-important-when-assessing-any-triggers-quality

After much thought, it occurred to me that the most folks are simply unschooled on what makes a good trigger, and why anyone should want one.

https://www.grantcunningham.com/2006/04/what-is-a-good-trigger/

Ok....well some folks can read forward and one direction and others see everything backward in dyslexia.
And maybe some just shoot the gun, whatever it is, while others complain about why they cant. ;)

You can either shoot it, or you cant. 99% of the time, if you cant, its not the guns fault.

most folks are simply unschooled on what makes a good trigger
Most folks worry about the trigger too much, instead of focusing on what they should be focusing one, and just shooting the gun.

And its funny you posted something up about the Rhino. I just picked one up a little over a week ago, and this was my first target. 100 rounds, DAO offhand, somewhere between 10-15 yards.

enhance

And so far, a couple of people who have fired and dry fired it, have all complained about its trigger. My youngest son on the other hand, seemd to have no troubles shooting it, but he also learned to shoot DA revolvers, DAO, early on.

And I do have to admit, its trigger is a bit different, and the trigger itself, a tad "wide" for my liking (more like a smooth S&W target trigger), especially for DA shooting, but its still very shootable.

ETA:

And just so you dont think its a fluke, this was 50 rounds shot at the same distance with my 3" Model 65 Smith. Same way, offhand, DAO....

enhance

There is a reason that Glock is the bar by which all other striker fired guns that have come to be have been measured against..

Timing in the market is what made Glock popular with the masses but certainly not the standard by which all are measured.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a7445/why-the-glock-became-americas-handgun/

Interestingly enough, The first striker fired polymer pistol was an H&K designed for cheaply arming a civilian resistance in case of Russian invasion.

That title would belong to the HK VP70, which truly was the first factory produced polymer framed, striker fired pistol, beating out the Glock 17 by around a dozen years.

https://gunnewsdaily.com/hk-vp9-review/

And maybe some just shoot the gun, whatever it is, while others complain about why they cant.

Could be but not in this case. I just happen to know what a good trigger is from having a job that shot more ammunition in a quarter for a handful of guys than an entire Infantry Battalion in the 82nd Airborne was issued all year.

I just picked one up a little over a week ago, and this was my first target. 100 rounds, DAO offhand, somewhere between 10-15 yards.

Nice shooting!!

Here is me shooting with mirror over my shoulder using a mirror at 500 yards with a .177 crosman pellet pistol.

2j3l2ty.jpg

:p

Seriously guy, Your statement about triggers does not sound smart. Yes, you need to be able to use different triggers for different environments. An M24 trigger is not designed nor is it good for patrolling which is why such rifles stay in a drag bag until it is time to stalk.

I think that is what you mean to say.

Claiming that all triggers are great is simply a falsehood.

That title would belong to the HK VP70, which truly was the first factory produced polymer framed, striker fired pistol, beating out the Glock 17 by around a dozen years.
Ive shot a VP70, my buddy had one back in the 80's. Ive also owned a P9S, and a P7M13. The latter two were much more shootable than the 70 too.

Could be but not in this case. I just happen to know what a good trigger is from having a job that shot more ammunition in a quarter for a handful of guys than an entire Infantry Battalion in the 82nd Airborne was issued all year.
Im not sure I understand your point here.

I shoot a lot of ammo by myself each year, more so than many. About 20,000 rounds or so of that is just out of a couple of my Glocks, the rest, all sorts of different guns, calibers, and trigger types. A lot of that is DAO too, revolver and auto.

Even with something new, like the Rhino, I dont seem to have the trigger problems you so often hear people bitch about. Yea, the trigger is a little different, but so what? Its by no means a problem.

But as I have been saying, I dont worry on the trigger when I shoot, I focus on the sights (or some form of sighting, if Im not using the sights) and the target, and I shoot the target.

I dont worry on the trigger when I shoot,

You are missing half the equation then and could improve your shooting as a result. All the fundamentals coming together is what makes a good shooter.

Yes, front sight, front sight, front sight holds true....

Last edited by a moderator:
Claiming that all triggers are great is simply a falsehood.
Im simply saying most all triggers are shootable, as they come. You dont have to do a thing to them to shoot well with them.

And I fully understand your point about the M24. As an example, back when we were into the HK 91's, my one buddy was convinced you couldnt shoot the stock HK trigger with any accuracy (he couldnt, the rest of us didnt seem to have any troubles).

He sent it off to Williams for a trigger job. Gun came back with a super light and nice trigger, for bench rest target shooting. There was no way Id carry that gun around with a round in the chamber with a trigger like that.

And a lot of people bitched about those HK/G3 triggers when they shot mine, and I always thought they shot just fine. Then again, they arent what most American shooters seem to want in a trigger.

Same goes for a lot of these 1911's and a few others that people seem to think you have to have a 1 once trigger to shoot well with. Those guys are scarier to me, and probably more of a threat, than the bad guys too.

My one buddy has two Nighthawk customs. Both have great "target" triggers. Even so, he still cant shoot for crap, simply because he won't put the time in to get even reasonably good. Hes counting on those high dollar guns and triggers to make up for his lack of skill. In other words, hes trying to buy skill, and I think thats actually a pretty common thing.

I cringe thinking about him carrying those guns too. Todd forbid he ever needs to actually pull one out and use it under stress. And anyone around him is likely in serious danger, not just the bad guy.

You are missing half the equation then and could improve your shooting as a result. All the fundamentals coming together is what makes a good shooter.
No, the whole equation is there when I shoot. Im just to the point, I don't think about the act of making or breaking the shot. I think about shooting the target. Thats my focus.

Its like driving a car. I dont think about the actual driving part, I just drive the car. Its no different here, just in this case, Im driving the gun.

Im simply saying most all triggers are shootable, as they come.

They are and some are more shootable than others. Some are more suitable for the job the weapon was meant to perform and not the range on a sunday afternoon. I agree with you on the 1 lb 1911 triggers for CCW and your examples.

That does not negate the fact some triggers are better than others.

No, the whole equation is there when I shoot.

Then there is nothing else to learn or improve upon. Maybe one day I will get there. <sarcasm in case it was missed>

:)

Last edited:
I have owned almost all of the striker fired polymer framed pistols, sans the Ruger American and the FN 509 (I'd like to try the latter). Some had triggers I preferred over others, and in talking about them on the forum I've found a number of people that agree, and a number that dramatically disagree. I haven't owned any such pistol where I found unanimous consent on the trigger. While I would agree there are factors about which most generally agree, it seems like the debate never ends (evidence for which is partly this forum's continued existence and of course the market choices today).

To AK's point, I don't find the trigger on the Glock to be such that is prevents what I consider good shooting, including an unmodified Glock trigger. That has been my experience. There are other triggers on other polymer framed striker fired handguns that I prefer in one way or the other, but I still seem to shoot Glocks well. That being said, the market is saturated with similar such pistols. If someone is convinced that another pistol is better, there's no reason for that person to have to use a Glock.

I see this thread as an example of one Glock that, from my read of it, faired fairly well over a relatively high round count for a pistol (especially in the realm of civilian use). Glock's customer service also seemed good. Whether someone does or doesn't like Glock, does or doesn't like their triggers, to me doesn't change that narrative.

For the recent comments about the very poor performance with the Glock, to me that pistol should go back to Glock on Glock's dime, or be fixed locally by a Glock armorer. The only way to keep manufacturers honest is to demand they maintain their quality. One good example is great, but many good examples is a lot better.

Alright I’ve gotta ask, what lube were you using? I’ve gotten way more wear and I have a small fraction of the rounds you do through my 17!

Mobile One 30 weight.

When I first got the gun, I was trying Frog Lube, but found it was more hype than help.

The Mobile One works great. And considering I clean and lube everything I shoot, every time I shoot, it still goes a long way. I'm still on the first quart I bought about 8 years ago, and its still half full. It's a lot cheaper too. About $7 a quart at Walmart.

I owned a VP70. A Glock it was truly not. It was an albatross with a remarkably awful trigger. It was the first but HK did not attempt another polymer pistol again until some 11 years after Glock.

Can this thread be locked now since nobody has the experience, ability, or wherewithal to measure up anymore? It’s gone off the rails of Hey look how well my Glock held up and their good customer service to a straight up measuring contest and everyone is inferior...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back