Can’t trust my P365...too many failures.

I have not read every post in this thread. I rarely read all posts in threads before offering an opinion. Who has that much time?

So, you're admitting you offer opinions without knowing what is being talked about? Ok......:rolleyes::D

Would you do those of us who aren't former lawmen (which I think includes most of us who do read all these posts) the favor of explaining just what a "POST armorer" is, and what makes their opinions holy writ to you?

So, you're admitting you offer opinions without knowing what is being talked about? Ok......:rolleyes::D

Would you do those of us who aren't former lawmen (which I think includes most of us who do read all these posts) the favor of explaining just what a "POST armorer" is, and what makes their opinions holy writ to you?
Yeah...given that the word (acronym?) is used enough times to almost kill a person were he to take a shot each time it was used I can't seem to find it mentioned elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Typing Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training would have been just as easy as telling him to look it up himself.

TunnelRat,

This might help: enter. "POST armorer" into a search engine and see what returns.
I did. I get a lot of links that have nothing to do with POST and the one link you provided shows up as well about midway down. Heck, even the link you gave doesn't explain the acronym in the header of the page or at the Home screen. If I scroll all the way to the bottom of the course page, go to the POST website (which doesn't show up in the Google results), and then go to the About section I get this. https://post.ca.gov/About-Us. You'll have to forgive me for not knowing an acronym which seems particular to California law enforcement.

Thanks to JN.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with yours. Just got back from the range. I had little bits of leftover odds and ends 9mm ammo, including bulk pack, reloads, choke causing flat nose and, gnarly discolored old stuff, in varying weights, to use up. I loaded the mags with a random mix of everything. Not one hiccup.

UPDATE 12/30/2019:

Finally got some time to get back to the range since getting it back from Sig. Testing consisted of 250 rds, 50 American Eagle 147g, 50 WWB 115, 50 Rem UMC 115g, 50 Sig 115g P365 ammo, 50 Blazer Brass 115g. No malfunctions. Sig smith reported that gun was ultrasonically cleaned, test-fired with 90 rounds and cleaned again and sent back to my FFL. I didn’t mark any parts (should have) but upon inspection I think the recoil spring was replaced. Smith did not indicate that it was on his report though. Whatever the case I’m happy now with no malfunctions. I will run another 250-500 through it before I make it my carry, but at least it appears as though whatever the issue was, is solved.

MontyCop05: I'm totally unfamiliar with your gun. Despite our requirement that a 9x19 gun be able to operate fine with 115 grain bullets, sometimes we must use 124-grain ammo for an evaluation.

Edited after reading your last post----
Glad it has worked out for you.:)

I will run another 250-500 through it before I make it my carry, but at least it appears as though whatever the issue was, is solved.

Excellent, news. Glad SIG stood by their product.

Meanwhile the Internet pontification will continue. :rolleyes:

"Meanwhile the Internet pontification will continue."

Of course it will......this is the internet!
Oh, while I'm at it......my 43X has passed 3000 rounds without a hiccup.:D

Do you guys keep a piece of almost each handgun ammo box, to have a very close estimate?

My plastic bags with bits of each cardbox box are labeled "CZ PCR", "Sig P6" etc.

Of course, the internet being what it is. I'd call it 'pontification' IF Sig gave people having problems with the 365(and 320(M17) and 238 and 365SAS)the 'thousand yard stare', and shrugged, 'never heard of that', type stuff. But kudos to Sig, they recognized these 3(4?) had issues, well documented and frequent, and did something about it...

BUT, yes, issues(continue with M17?) evident ..but addressed.

I won't mention my pistol success rate cuz it tweaks 'some'...;)

"Do you guys keep a piece of almost each handgun ammo box, to have a very close estimate?"

Back when I had less than 5 handguns, I kept detailed records of rounds shot; including mfg, bullet type and weight, etc. Now with 10x as many pistols, I only keep track of approx. rounds fired for 1 or 2 guns, high-volume carry pieces, usually.

Back