Can’t trust my P365...too many failures.

These kinds of posts crack me up. Someone posts that they got a lemon and that they did X, Y, & Z to troubleshoot. Next we have SOME folks who are "experts" who will suggest that A, B, & C should have been done 'cause the OP probably doesn't know what they are talking about because they have the same gun and it's been flawless.

Got news for some of ya - Crap happens. If this firearm happen to be a Taurus or Hi-Point, then the "experts" will almost always agree that it's a Lemon and the manufacturer's QA is garbage. In the case of a top tier mfr, it's gotta be the ammo or the shooter . . .

Do-Do Happens . . . especially with new designs. The OP got a lemon. Also, I personally would never trust a gun for SD if it requires a particular brand or type of ammo to run flawlessly. Who's to say that brand/make/model will always be available???

It wasn't just the WWB that had issues. He had issues with SIG ammo too. I'm not sure whether people aren't reading fully or are conveniently ignoring that fact.

It's great that other people haven't had issues. As I've said in other threads, so what? Will the OP's pistol read this thread and suddenly decide to straighten up and fly right? We can find a number of threads with issues with the P365. Is it all of them? Of course not. Does it seem perhaps higher than than some other pistols? To me, yes. I say this as someone that owns a P365XL. I don't have any malice towards an inanimate object. But I do expect pistols to function to a reasonable level and when not for the manufacturer to take care of them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Of course any gun can have a lemon. Never owned a Taurus, but do not believe they have the problems like the internet plagues them with. As far as the OP, again, just send the gun back. Yes, I agree internet post crack me up as well. And yes Crap can happen to a 3,000 gun as well. Just read about one.
But on the other hand. There are also a whole of guns blamed when it is in fact user error. Have seen this many times. It is just part of the world of shooting.

Last edited:
Sure, but given the OP's description it doesn't seem to be the case. I've also seen plenty of people that have pistols with issues and don't send them in or assume it's them when it's not.

Just spoke with Sig CS. After giving a detailed account Rep stated either weak recoil spring or a defect in the fire control unit. He specifically stated it should NOT be an ammo issue, as that was extremely unlikely. It’s headed back home for diagnostics.

I've been watching Military Arms Channel's saga with four 365's and a 365XL. I like the concept, but will be waiting for a major design revision. The little behind-the-scenes rolling updates don't feel like true fixes, when major primer drag is still visible. Just my impression, but it's strong enough to scare me off.

Just spoke with Sig CS. After giving a detailed account Rep stated either weak recoil spring or a defect in the fire control unit. He specifically stated it should NOT be an ammo issue, as that was extremely unlikely. It’s headed back home for diagnostics.
Nice. Please keep us updated.

My biggest gripe about WWB is that it’s more difficult to load in my Glock magazines, which are otherwise easy to load with any other brand of factory ammo. The ammo always shoots fine, but for some strange reason the brass cases seem to be ever so slightly oversized which makes it harder to load this ammo into the mags, but I haven’t tried loading this ammo with either the Glock mag loader or one of the aftermarket loaders.

While we're squeezing lemons, has anyone had similar issues with a Glock 43, 43X, or 48?
I did try the 365 but didn't like the feel, I've shot over 2000 mixed weights, brands, and bullet types through my 43X without a single issue. Not sure if I'm lucky or if they are a more reliable design.
Not trying to knock the 365.....to each his own. Would be nice to hear the comparison.

While we're squeezing lemons, has anyone had similar issues with a Glock 43, 43X, or 48?
I did try the 365 but didn't like the feel, I've shot over 2000 mixed weights, brands, and bullet types through my 43X without a single issue. Not sure if I'm lucky or if they are a more reliable design.
Not trying to knock the 365.....to each his own. Would be nice to hear the comparison.
I have and carry the 43 every day since it came out. It replaced my Ruger LC9s Pro. Never a single hiccup with it with ANY ammo.

Picked up a G48 earlier this year and had a malfunction at round 9 and thought I had another Glock 42 on my hands. But it has been perfect ever since and a nice shooting gun as well.

Waited until last month to finally pick up a P365. Fired it a few weeks ago with 115 and 124 Aguila ammo and no issues in the first 50 rounds.

Honestly,
Sig seems like their QC has gone down a bit just like we have seen with other manufacturer's in the industry.... keep us posted with what they say though.

A friend of mine bought a 365 and a 320 C the same day, and the 320 was/is flawless, the 365 had a lot of issues out of the box, but suddenly started working 100% on WWB and anything else. We have no idea what was going on originally, we took it apart over and over again and saw nothing wrong. I like the 365 better myself, he likes the 320 better.

Since you asked..I had a G43, both my son's have G43s...and after probably 1500 rounds
each thru theirs and about 500 through mine..various ammo, from cheapo, steel, russian and US made stuff to $1.25 per round very expensive SD stuff(Lehigh Xteme Defender and G9), various JHP AND WWB..no failures of any kind.
I traded my G43 for a G26/4..that also has been flawless..about 300 rounds so far.

7000 rounds and not a single hiccup out of mine. In any mechanical device you can get a bad one.

Training with a PD years ago, they got a case of Glocks. Everyone of them shot almost 3 feet high at 7 yards. The whole lot went back to the factory.

Send it back. SIG will make it right.

7000 rounds and not a single hiccup out of mine. In any mechanical device you can get a bad one.

Training with a PD years ago, they got a case of Glocks. Everyone of them shot almost 3 feet high at 7 yards. The whole lot went back to the factory.

Send it back. SIG will make it right.
Some math brainaic help me out but isn't the angle of a gun shooting 3 feet high at 21 feet 10 degrees 'up'..hard to believe..

Some math brainaic help me out but isn't the angle of a gun shooting 3 feet high at 21 feet 10 degrees 'up'..hard to believe.

I thought the same thing. I'm no "math brainiac" but three feet high @ 21 feet? Seems impossible to me but, like I said, I'm no wizard at arithmetic.

Mine's been 100% reliable with FMJ's JHPs and my own LSWC's. I'm over 1100 rounds now without a single malfunction. All that said, I run a maximum of 50 rounds through any of my pistols then clean them....I don't expect a hand gun to run indefinitely... so Sig's gunna make it right...good CS in my opinion....Rod

Last edited:
I thought the same thing. I'm no "math brainiac" but three feet high @ 21 feet? Seems impossible to me but, like I said, I'm no wizard at arithmetic.

Some simple math will tell you that it only requires an 8 degree angle.

It does not take much to produce inaccurate and noticeable results.

Last edited:
Some simple math will tell you that it only requires an 8 degree angle.

It does not take much to produce inaccurate and noticeable results.
Yup, my son did the trig stuff and yup, 8 degrees..still seems like a lot for an aimed pistol at 21 feet tho..to have something misaligned by an effective 8 degrees up or down.

Back