Bob Barr for President?

wildalaska
Well I guess in a few months one of us will be proved wrong

Considering the fact that this same SCOTUS gave us imminent domain law which allows local governments to take our homes for frivilous reasons, then I think it is likely that they will not vote in favor of my position. The fact that you seem willing to glorify the way this SCOTUS will most likely vote seems capricious to me.

wildalaska
Dunno, seems to have kept me going for a while here.

No doubt. I strive for quality over quantity. Others who post here may take issue with me on that one.

Why in the heck

do small parties insist on running candidates for President??

It's never worked, and it never will.

The only way to actually create another party is to start at the city/county/school board level, where it's cheap to run and you can pick your battles... and occasionally win.

From there you can move up to State government, and then to the House, the Senate (or other statewide offices), and finally, the Presidency.

Both parties we have now started this way, and nobody, not evem TR, has ever done it the other way 'round.

So long as the smaller parties insist on running for President, I will continue to ignore them.

A party that matched my principles, and ignored the White House in favor of running candidates for offices they can win, would get my support. I'm not holding my breath.

--Shannon

do small parties insist on running candidates for President??

It's never worked, and it never will.

The only way to actually create another party is to start at the city/county/school board level, where it's cheap to run and you can pick your battles... and occasionally win.

From there you can move up to State government, and then to the House, the Senate (or other statewide offices), and finally, the Presidency.

Both parties we have now started this way, and nobody, not evem TR, has ever done it the other way 'round.

We live in the age of television and media. Thus, a small party can gain exposure (and voters) by running a qualified candidate for President. What they do afterward with that exposure is a different story. Usually, the smaller parties I have witnessed don't keep the momentum going.

Back