Biggest Rivalry between Fanboys

Biggest Rivalry in handguns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Old Marlin vs new Marlin with me being the only one who knows the new Marlins are every bit as good as the old Marlins because I've owned both at one time.

I voted Ruger vs S&W revolvers. Glock fanboys have a rivalry between Glock's and every other handgun out there because they think they are the best thing since sliced bread, 1911's just happen to be included in that.

Glock fanboys have a rivalry between Glock's and every other handgun out there because they think they are the best thing since sliced bread, 1911's just happen to be included in that.

Dragline45's above quote is half of what I think is the most heated argument waiting to happen at any time. The other half are those who own other "plastic" pistols and feel their brand of choice is superior to Glock, esp when discussing reasonably priced handguns. Just try telling a Glockophile that you like your SR9c better than his G26!

My Delorean Broke Down at the Centennial

The Schofield vs. Colt boys can sure get their hoop-skirts in a twaddle. With a subset of the latter further split on the use of "long" in the name of their favorite cartridge.

Last edited:
IMO I would describe it as the Glock love vs. Glock Hate. Where the love think there's nothing better and the hate think they are overrated and ugly.

If that is not what I have seen maybe I missed something...lol. But it reminds me so much of congress right now. Way too polarized.

I think 44 covered the dilemma well.

In the corner on my left is crusty old Jake with a 1911, a Smith and a bronze star.

In the corner on my right is newcomer Sam with an HK, a Glock and a General rank in COD.

In the corner on my left is crusty old Jake with a 1911, a Smith and a bronze star.

In the corner on my right is newcomer Sam with an HK, a Glock and a General rank in COD.

Really..? I forgot how a person's preferred gun somehow magically makes them more courageous or apt to play video games.

Ruger45LC said:
I'd say Glock v 1911, in which the only logical choice is 1911.
Fixed that for you.;)

Would you rather walk to work or carry your lunch, when it's as warm in the summer as it is in the country?

since revolver shooters are a bit of a dieing breed, and everyone's trading rate or fire for accuracy, glock VS1911 is biggest just because of the sheer numbers of those guns in circulation.

.45 Long Colt vs .45 Colt or vice versa is always good for more than a few ruffled feathers...

Back