Biggest Rivalry between Fanboys

Biggest Rivalry in handguns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimmyR

OK folks, I have noticed these wars crop up here, and want to see which "rivalry" is the biggest.

1911 vs Glock

S&W Revolvers vs Ruger Revolvers

Go.

Glock- 1911-- I have 1911s. Shot a few glocks, Now while I don't like them, I could very easy become used to them. Sweet,but not my cup-o-tea.

Biggest?

.40 caliber and under vs over .40 caliber.

W/ the 10mm and .40 S&W supports being the fence weenies :D:D

There is no fence, if you like weak, under powered handgun calibers that you can shoot all day, you're on the .40 cal side of the line.

If you like expensive ammo, big holes in your target and reconstructive wrist surgery, your on the 10mm and up side!:D

Most all equipment has it's + and - and it's up to the buyer/owner to determine whether the sum is suitable for him/her. Then there's the unsupported likes/dislikes and that's where things get ugly.
I wouldn't own a Glock and look distrustfully at anyone who does. That's just my opinion but it has some logical basis. My preference for Rugers is based on experience and very limited funds for more expensive options. I don't particularly care for the 1911 but like the Browning HiPower(both designed by JM Browning) but that bias is based on the fact that Dad carried a "liberated" HP during WW2 because he believed it was a better option.

Then there's the unsupported likes/dislikes and that's where things get ugly.
Very much so.

That's just my opinion but it has some logical basis. My preference for Rugers is based on experience and very limited funds for more expensive options. I don't particularly care for the 1911 but like the Browning HiPower(both designed by JM Browning) but that bias is based on the fact that Dad carried a "liberated" HP during WW2 because he believed it was a better option.
and comments like this just verifies the above. ;)

I think a lot of it is simply, people make a choice, for whatever reason, and everything else becomes inferior in their minds, since they didnt choose it. Very often, there is little or no actual experience with the other choices, as is often evidenced by comments made, and that doesnt seem to be important, just that they dont like it for whatever reason.

Id say if your choice works reliably, and you shoot and manipulate it well, you done good.

If you have little or no experience with the other types, then you have an opportunity to learn, and expand your horizons, and it would be in your best interests to do so, as best you can.

I think youll find in the long run, as long as the choice is reliable and shootable, theres really little difference between them, only that they are "different". If something is truly lacking, its not usually the guns.

I had to go with "Glock vs. 1911." I see very few items in the gun world that seem to evoke the same kind of frothing-at-the-mouth fanaticism that those two things do.

I'd say Glock v 1911, in which the only logical choice is Glock. The other option, well, Ruger.

Although the 9mm vs. .45 debate is pretty strong, or really any caliber war for that matter, talk about unleashing the hounds!

I had to go with "Glock vs. 1911." I see very few items in the gun world that seem to evoke the same kind of frothing-at-the-mouth fanaticism that those two things do.

This.

I'm beginning to realize that it may even approach xbox vs playstation levels.

I see a lot of people arguing about 1911 vs Glock everywhere, but I don't think I would call most of them fanboys. I don't imagine this will stay open long with comments like this:

I wouldn't own a Glock and look distrustfully at anyone who does.

I must really confuse you with having and liking both a 1911 and a Glock. Can't we all just buy what we want?

Doesn't matter much, but essentially it all boils down to "mine is the best and yours is crap" attitude.

Which can further be reduced to "I know better than you do, for both me AND you". And that, really is crap.

It not limited to guns at all.

And its not Betty vs Wilma,
its Ginger, or Mary Ann? :D
(and don't say both, its not that kind of forum):p

Back