best pocket pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sig p238 for me. Ive owned the others, and for me, it is a "real" little gun. I carry a Glock 27, when attire permits, but usually it is my little sig. My p229 stays by my bed, in its own little safe.

Seecamp LWS 32.

Ive had a bunch of "little" pistols over the years, and so far, the Seecamp's are the ones all others are judged by.

That said, as much as I like my Seecamps, the smallest gun I carry these days, is a Glock 26.

I do have a couple of 42's, and they too are great guns, but the 26's are just more versatile, and not all that much bigger.

Boberg XR9-S. Very reliable with approved ammo, very small, 9mm, handles 9mm+P, attractive, well made. You can find them barely used for about $900. They are worth the price.

best pocket pistols
As for the 9mm the Kahr CW9 gets my vote. But lets not forget the SCCY 9mm either.
Got some BIG pockets there!

best pocket pistols
32.....Kel-Tec P32

380...Ruger LCP (close second Kel-Tec P3at)

9MM..Kahr CM9, or if you have deep pockets $$$$wise, PM9 Glock G43 also worth considering.

Skans said:
Boberg XR9-S. Very reliable with approved ammo, very small, 9mm, handles 9mm+P, attractive, well made. You can find them barely used for about $900. They are worth the price.

Double dittos.

Best is subjective at best.

No experience with compact 9s.

I daily carry a Taurus TCP Model 738 for almost two years. Same pattern as the Ruger, but $100 cheaper and has a slide lock where the Ruger does not. Local shop had them on sale for Black Friday at $149 and I bagged a second one. So far both are 100% reliable.

Very reliable with approved ammo
You can find them barely used for about $900.

At less than half the price my Kahr CM9 has been accurate, and 100% reliable from the very first round fired. With any ammo I put in it! From quality SD ammo from Hornady, Remington, Speer, and Winchester to Winchester White Box, Surplus NATO, and even steel cased Herter's, and Wolf.
Why do overly expensive "status symbol" guns require special "approved" ammunition? Especially when many quality, reasonably priced guns out perform them without the use of "approved" ammo.

I have the Kel-Tec P32 and that is one small pistol. I have the Kahr CM9, it's small yet still 9mm. I don't shoot that well with it. Just got a Ruger LCR. Light weight, powerful and disappears easily.

The difference between the CM9 and Boberg XR9-S is that the Boberg actually fits in your pocket; the Kahr doesn't. Because of the way the Boberg feeds, there is some ammo that doesn't work - will pull the bullet from the case. However, it shoots Wolf steel-cased and a variety of other cheap range ammo. It handles the hot stuff perfectly. If you have to have a gun that eats every kind of ammo out there, then stick with the Kahr. Personally, I think the XR9-S is a true pocket 9mm. There aren't many out there to choose from. Rohrbaugh is about the only other one.

My Diamondback DB 9mm is arguably another true pocket 9mm. While my Diamondback is reliable, it too can be finicky with ammo; but perfectly reliable with the right ammo - the first round fed from the magazine (2nd round) has to be solid - subsequent rounds can be hollow points.

And, while the Diamondback and Rohrbaugh really aren't range guns - i.e. not meant for high round count, the Boberg has no problem with high round count.

Last edited:
Every pocket sized pistol I've seen at the range was total garbage.

Feed and ejection issues were rampant. Some had triggers that wouldn't reset properly. Just terrible.....

There's not enough engineering space in these firearms for reliable functioning.

My Seecamps have been nothing but reliable, and I cant ever remember them having an issue.

My LCP and Glock 42's have been the same.

Now my Beretta 21A's, Keltec P32, SIG P238, and a few others, were very finicky, and not to be trusted.

Evil,
Have you ever owned a Kahr? They have a patented design that allows the trigger mech and feed ramp to coexist.

Walther TPH

I have one that works, and it loves CCI Stingers and Mini-mags. I realize it's not the hammer of the gods, but a head full of Stingers would cause a helluva headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back