Best deal under 300

The CDI Sales outfit is offering CZ 83s for well under $300.00. I have already ordered two guns from them on GB and both have been better than I expected.
Does CDI Sales have a website or is it all done on Gunbroker? I wouldn't mind picking up a surplus CZ-75.

What is the difference between a CT40 and the CM 40 other than size?

The main difference is the CT has a polygonal rifling similar to Glock. The CM has conventional rifling. I have a CM9 and I find accuracy is an issue. The Kahr pistols need a 200 round break in period at minimum. It takes the pistol that long to loosen up and for you to learn to shoot Kahrs.

In the case of the Kahr, I'd probably go with the CM line then. I reload and prefer conventional rifling. I usually just reload lead bullets on the cheap and I hear that it is not wise to shoot unjacketed lead through polygonal rifling.

Does CDI Sales have a website or is it all done on Gunbroker? I wouldn't mind picking up a surplus CZ-75.

I couldn't find any specific website for CDI Sales on Google, so I guess GB is your choice.

Go on Gunbroker and see what CDI Sales has. For under $300 you can get a CZ83, a Beretta 84, an FEG High Power clone, some versions of the CZ75, and lots of other functional surplus handguns. I have been very pleased with the items I have purchased from them. You will be able to see a picture of the exact gun you are purchasing.

What is the difference between a CT40 and the CM 40 other than size?

The main difference is the CT has a polygonal rifling similar to Glock. The CM has conventional rifling. I have a CM9 and I find accuracy is an issue. The Kahr pistols need a 200 round break in period at minimum. It takes the pistol that long to loosen up and for you to learn to shoot Kahrs.

ScaryWoody, you're thinking of the TP40. The new CT40 has conventional rifling:

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CT40.asp

Lot's of good ones already mentioned. Anything with Ruger on it is a good bet. I'd add used and possibly even new Charter Arms revolvers. I found an older one for under 250 and it's been great. If you go used, just do a little internet research first. There were some bad years.

Where the heck are you guys finding used Ruger SP's and GP's for under three bills?

CDI sales on Gunbroker:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Sort=5&IncludeSellers=2621012

Ought to be able to find a couple nice guns for under $300 on there.

Otherwise I'd be tempted to give this Walther CDNN Investments is selling a try:
2015-11-31-CDNN-CYBERM_images_FieldCyber_01.jpg

Last edited:
i really disliked my sd9ve. it wasn't that it had some issue that made me not like it, it was the shooting part. it was terribly inaccurate, in my hands, though i was a pretty new handgunner, i did fine with other pistols. not balanced and not appropriate for carry for my circumstances. i own a decent amount of handguns at this point, and i trust and carry the PT111 G2, excluding very cold weather when i can carry under shoulder and can go big. i am no sure of any other semi the size of the G2 that also holds 12+1 and has all the features you could think of. Manual safety, sa/da striker system(not perfect, but beats DAO), adjustable sights, loaded indicator etc. I also can not think of any other pistol that comes close to the PT G2 in terms of value, seriously these are like hi-point prices for a very reliable and well made pistol. the reviews are generally very good and my own personal experience is over 1k reliable, picky with 2 specific hollow-points, but feeds everything else 100%. has a very steep feed ramp due to cramming 12 into such a small frame. some small guns can be pretty difficult, i find this shoots like a gun bigger in size. The sccy was a bad experience for me, but alot of folks seem to like them, that trigger is something else though.

you can usually grab one for anywhere between $199-$230, but you'll be hard-pressed to find one of those deals in stock at the moment.
http://www.slickguns.com/product/taurus-millennium-g2-9mm-polymer-grip-sub-compact-32900-10-shipping

EAA is a great choice if yo don't need a carry gun, lot's of great ones. if yo wanna get a carry piece outta the way, these are looking good right now. do your research for reliability and CS
DB 9mm
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...Handguns/Diamondback DB9 DB9 6+1 9mm 3/quot;/

these shoot GREAT!!
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...cts_id/719003228/Handguns/EAA SAR B6 9MM XO /

Last edited:
Guns under $300

Here are a few guns you can get thru me with the prices. Feel free to check out my website www.tftpa.com. If you see something you like message me, we do negotiate price. The ones listed here are at rock bottom prices.

Taurus 709 ($277 New)
Kel-tec PF 9 ($277New)
Smith&Wesson SD9VE ($310 New)

I paid about $300.00 for a ,,,,Ruger Security-Six (357) ,,,, recently at my LGS.

I'd be real interested in a Security- Six at $300 bucks, I think it's one of the best Ruger revolvers!

I've owned and carried many firearms. I picked up the Taurus PT 111 G2 the other day as a gun I could just "mistreat" so to speak. Something I could shoot often but not worry about it getting banged up, etc. as much as I care about my Glocks or CZ.

That said, holy cow I love the thing and carry it often. Actually, at this point I carry it more than anything else. Probably close to 2K rounds through it, no misfire, no failed ejections, no malfunctions of any sort.

I've seen it as low as $190 after mail-in rebates so definitely something to consider if you want a firearm with money left for ammunition. Honestly never enjoyed previous Taurus products, but the PT111 G2 is their game changer.

Went to all the local fun stores today. No CM40's, .40 Shields sold out... Handled a Sig P6, that was nice but too thick for what it is.

Handled a SAR BP6C. Liked it a lot, wish it was .40. The woman working the gun counter at the big box store couldn't figure the slide out..... don't think she knew it could be inside the rails.

No Taurii of any kind other than revolvers.

Kind of a disappointing trip.

After thinking about it a bit, I really liked the SAR B6PC that I held at the gun store. I really wished it was available in .40.

I looked at EAA's other offerings and didn't see anything else with the same profile and size other than the Pavona series. I don't mind that it is marketed towards women, but I really don't want to have glitter on my gun. Are there any other similar alternatives from other manufacturers?

Back