Best deal under 300

If the CMP starts selling the M1911A1 for $300.00, the I will take two dozen. LOL :)

I do see where the fellow poster stated: "start saving"

I am guessing they will start selling for well over a grand if not significantly more. :(

Yeah that's about what I am guessing too.

As for the 9E, you ever just look at a pistol and feel, for lack of better words... meh? That's my feelings about it. It's a good value for sure though.

I bought a S&W SD9VE for $289.99. The SD40VE sells for the same price. It's very close to a Glock 19 for a couple of hundred less.

Here's a great deal on the Kahr CT40 - $290 - nice & slim with great ergonomics:

http://www.cdnnsports.com/kahr-ct40-40s-w-stainless-synthetic.html#.VliBCZpdF9A

KAHCT4043.jpg

How about one of those excellent/like new condition Bulgarian Makarovs that are being sold on various websites?

Makarov one heck of a good pistol.

(I'm kinda biased and own 7 of them.) :)

buds has police trade in model 10s right now for 319. i have one from them, mechanically its in excellent shape, however the finish and grips were pretty bad. i got a set of ahrends grips for it and that made a world of difference. great shooter

I quickly ran through the thread and did not see mention of Taurus. How about a Taurus PT111 G2? They have been bucking the general reputation of Taurus firearms by getting really good reviews. And I can attest they are excellent firearms considering the price.

Do some research on the SD9VE (or SD40VE).

Really good guns for the price. They (the 3rd gen guns) have a very good reputation for reliability, have very good ergonomics and a lifetime warranty from S&W.

I recently bought the 9mm for a plan B EDC in case my CZ PCR is out of commission. While function testing it with a few hundred HPs, I found it to be a very enjoyable handgun to shoot. My GF really likes shooting it.

lowercase said:
How about one of those excellent/like new condition Bulgarian Makarovs that are being sold on various websites?

Makarov one heck of a good pistol.

(I'm kinda biased and own 7 of them.)

I'll second the Makarov. Great pistol, accurate, and about as reliable as any other pistol on the market. 27 parts mean you don't need a gunsmith- you either do the repair yourself or you killed the frame.

I bought one for $200 that would only fire in single action. I have NO gunsmithing experience, and had ALMOST NO idea what I was doing. I watched a few youtube videos, bought a few parts from www.buymilsurp.com, and the gun has been flawless since.

Last edited:
I own 3 Ruger P95's--a S&W SD40VE and a Taurus PT111 G2 and feel you really can't go wrong with any of them. You can pretty much put the Ruger 9E in place of the P95.

They are very different in size and weight but all function reliably and are reasonably accurate.

This is coming from the King of the cheap handgun---lol

Ahh the Ruger P series. My wife had the P90DC. 45. Couldn't imagine it being a 9mm. They're so massive.

I'm starting to think my gun purchase will be like most of my previous ones. Go in the fun shop, look around, and unless something really peaks my interest, leave.

I quickly ran through the thread and did not see mention of Taurus.

And with good reason.

Try looking at some CDI Sales items on Gunbroker. They have some police trade in CZ 75s for just a little over $300.00.

I just picked up a CZ82 in the Mak 9x18 cartridge a few days ago. Havent fired it yet, but tbe trigger is glass and it fits me perfectly. The CZ82/83 series is readily available in the $300 range.

The CZ82/83 series is readily available in the $300 range.

The CDI Sales outfit is offering CZ 83s for well under $300.00. I have already ordered two guns from them on GB and both have been better than I expected.

Just don't get the Taurus Millenium 40 calibre. Darn thing always jammed on me.
Maybe it was my grip or Tinker Bell. Don't know and don't care. Besides, at my tender age racking the slide is very difficult.
Best wishes, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.
Doc

Back