Been looking for this for 24 years... Ultra-thin Model 400-22 Derringer

Been over a month...

...and I still haven't heard back from him. But it's just as well--January 8th I crashed my Ford Escape and have been trying to save my right leg from the doctor with the bone saw. All my funds are going towards medical expenses right now.

Numbers 400-22 Derringer

Will try to post illustrations of the CAD drawing when I have time and the files up. Thanks for saving the thread on this little gun.

Not sure the effectiveness of a sub-mouse gun. Think it would only make an attacker angrier on his charge because he would be very close before you would use it. There are small, more powerful mouse guns like Ruger's LCP .380. At least it would be as concealable but with more oomph. Yet, since you've been looking for one so long, it does make a nice conversation piece.

I don't think jamstutz cares about how "effective" it is or how well it stacks up to an LCP. [emoji19] Everytime someone starts a thread posing interest in a Derringer here comes the letters L........C........P. ugh

Last edited:
An LCP would be better for defensive usage, this is true. But such a compact derringer could possibly be effective in certain tactical scenarios requiring ultimate deep concealment when threat level and risk assessment countermeasures are factored in by the operator.

Very nice Achilles!

Any chance you might be willing to PM me the details of how you located this little treasure and how much it cost you? Your friend with #101 never wanted to sell the one he had.

Back