It looks very similar to this:

attachment.php

http://www.heizerfirearms.com/

The .22 has a bit more class.

Attachments

• zzzheizer.jpg
    zzzheizer.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 529
And the Heizer had been advertized for 2 years and as yet to hit retail outlets. Might fade away like so many others. If I found one tommorrow I'd buy it.

I'd like to fool around with one. Not likely that'd it replace the constant duty NAA .32Guardian.

Last I heard, Mr. Grossman was domiciled in Virginia Horse Country and broadned his interests. NAA mfg facilities are elsewhere.

salty

Unicorn spotted!

My friend was given this serial numbered-001 by Mr. Numbers himself. He is willing to sell it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,124
I PM'ed Achilles109 but have yet to hear back from him. I'm a little bit doubtful--first post and all.

And to oldcabin--I have at least one of almost all of the others: High Standard, Downsizer, DoubleTap, etc. I have been buying but only found the elusive Numbers 400-22 about five years ago owned by a friend of the Numbers family, who did not want to sell it. Interestingly, the photos he sent were also of "101".

Last edited:
Sorry, it doesn't alert me when there is a PM. I will point out that poster #33 doesn't provide a pic like I have. My 70+year old friend knew Jody Numbers himself. What do you want me to prove? I can put you into contact with Steve if you like and he can tell you the whole story.

Last edited:
I see photos of two different 400s, one with serial number 101 and two tone, one with serial number 001 and all stainless....

Two unicorns?

Achilles109 -- thanks for your response. It would be great to communicate with your friend. Does he have email? He can reach me at [jamstutz@onlyinternet.net] or you can reach me there as well.

As far as the serial # question, I was wrong. The photos Nathan sent me were of #101 which he claimed was the only one that was fully assembled and in operating condition. Yours is # 001 which is, of course, different.

Last edited:
Wow. Not to drift too far off-topic, but . . . I don't think I've ever seen an 8 year old thread grow legs like this one and have the original OP show up to participate.

I ordinarily kill necro-threads, but I'm going to let this one live.

Back