BATFE wait time?

Attachment of Extra Paperwork & Processing time

I spoke to my examiner about submitting other approved Form 1s or Form 4s CHL, DL, Hunting Permit or even a 03 (Curio & Relic) FFL, if it would help speed up processing time. In short they said, none of the extra paperwork matters. To quote the examiner..."Each tax stamp is its own transaction, and has to go through its own due-diligence process. Submitting extraneous paperwork won't speed things up." I used to send copies of previously approved Forms but quit doing so after being told that it doesn't matter. Actually, my latest Tx MG X-fer on a Form 4 took 44 days! I was impressed, now if they can move that fast with the SBR applications I have on Form 1s I would just about crap in my pants!

Update...so my Form 1 for my SBR finally made it back today...12/31/09 sent in on 10/28/09...just over 2 months, not too bad!

Here is the current.

Individual transfer
Gemtech Halo
Forms mailed 12/28
Approved form back at the dealer 2/22
Examiners were William Shipman and Dawn Henson

56 days door to door. Sweet

BATF wait time

I sent in the paperwork for my suppressor on 10/19/09. Forms were completed 2/8/10. Picked up the suppressor today. Little over 4 months. I am a happy camper.

Jeff

So I hit a bump in the road it seems...I had a MG X-fer, that is taking a bit longer..Check Cashed 1/13/10...still waiting on that one :confused:

I'm about to start another MG X-fer...but this one will go from an out of state individual to my Class 3 to me...gosh the last time I had one of these it almost took an entire year to complete! :eek:

Ordered my YHM Mite back in AUGUST 2009 it took a few months to come it then filled out the paperwork in December 2009. Picked up my Mite yesterday April 2010.

I saved a few $$$ by ordering from a non stocking dealer. I think the best bet is to buy from a "Stocking" Dealer and save a few months of waiting....

My form 4 came back yesterday.

Sent check off Dec. 22
Went pending Jan. 21st
Got the call yesterday from my FFL April 17th

Just got done with a Form 1.

Mailed 12/30/09
Approved on 4/7/10
Received on 4/16/10

Examiners were Andrew Ashton and Rob Howard.

107 days door to door. Apparently Ashton is getting faster:rolleyes:

BATF wait time

How can you find out if your BATF Form 4 paperwork has gone pending or been approved? Mine arrived at the BATF office on April 23. I know to be patient and expect a lenghty wait time but was just curious as to if there was a way to track the progress.

@CDE
See page 4 of the Form 4 instructions:
8. Status Inquiries and Questions. Information relating to the NFA and other firearms laws is available at the ATF Internet website at www.atf.gov . Any inquiry relating to the status of an application to transfer an NFA firearm or about procedures in general should be directed to the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4500. Please be aware that any dissemination by ATF of information relating to the application to register an NFA firearm must conform with the restrictions in 26 U.S.C. § 6103. The opportunity provided in item 8 to authorize ATF to disclose information is intended to enable ATF to respond to inquiries by the transferee regarding the application. The failure to complete item 8 will be considered a declination of authorization to release the information.

Back