back up gun or not?

backup

look at my way as a mechanic...i always keep 2 supposedly good running legal vehicles on road at all times.....if i could count how many times one wouldnt start or broke down in driveway YET had a second spare vehicle....always made it too work on time!

Doesnt anyone see any similaritys?

Guns are the same....they break when you least expect it like all things mechanical no matter what the make an model

I must comment on the assumption of those who seem to believe that Civilians cant find themselves in same or similar harms was as a police official.

I know that while I live in a relatively safe community. My work often takes me into area's where a second gun makes perfect sense. What about people who live in such an area. It's an individual choice I think based on individual needs.

I dont carry a backup gun but I can see their could be circumstances or situations where it might be wise to do so. If someone chooses to carry two or more I have no problem with it but they should be sure to check on the law to be sure doing so is legal in their area.

I can also see the situation where the backup gun may be easier to get to than the primary gun... Who knows maybe you get tossed to the floor before you see the attacker and your primary become unreachable because your laying on it.

Possibly the attacker gets the jump on you and has you get on your knees and your hands on your head and the ankle draw is more hidden.... I can see some use for it.

When I travel I carry two wallets one with a few dollars and some card that look sort like id but contain no personal information and my real wallet.

If I feel threatened I can toss the fake wallet and go the other way. I have never had to use it but I have beeen prepared to a couple of times.

Back