Anyone like Savage 99's???

Keg

I picked this one up before last Christmas....I have had several 99's but this one I think I'm gonna keep....I just now got it out and shot it....It shoots like a dream and its so slender and light....If U have one..post a pick....

Last edited:
that one

I do not have a 99, but have been interested in one lately, and the model you posted is the one I'm interested in, ...straight grip and carbine size.

What caliber is your rifle. Congrats too!

Sweet 99 that you have there. I see its a 30-30 and may be drilled and tapped for scope bases.

My primary woods rifle has been a 99F since 1966. They are a superb rifle.

scaled.php

Its a .358

Yes. They are way cool!

Would love to have one.

Isn't there something unique about the magazine? Rotary?

Don't they go for about $1500 if in good conditiom?

JB

Yes Savage99..it is a 30-30 and has been D&T....It believe it was made in the mid 30's....I like that 358 caliber....

I got my great grandfathers savage 99 in 30-30, its a little worse for the wear my grandfather doesn't take good care of his stuff. But the gun is special to me it was made in 1922 and it still goes hunting with me every year its just in my girlfriends hands as her loaner deer rifle.

Yeah..I have never had the opportunity to buy or trade for a 358 caliber....It interests me....
I guess the same as I like 348 win cal also....:D

Here's a pic Keg unfortunately its a crappy cell phone one tomorrow I will put up a better one.

Attachments

• IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 97
I like the ambidextrous nature of these beasts. I would buy an unusual midbore like that .358 in an Oregon minute. If I had that one in the previous post I'd double check my eye relief before I fired another round.

A few month ago I picked up a super-clean Savage 1899 takedown in 22 HP, made in 1915. Got a screaming deal on it, $400. I am now making a 3-barrel set, 22 HP, 25-35, and 30-30.

VK...That stock has impressed checkering..like a later made gun.....Can U post a pic of the barrel and what is on it..like where made and caliber??

Scorch..post pics of the 22HP...

The stock is actually cracked, I've heard that's common i fixed it but plan to replace that stock soon, since it was broken I actually shortened it to fit my short girlfriend. Lol I will post some pics in a bit

Doesn't that half box of ammo hanging on the stock make it butt heavy ? The later 99s with the tang safety might be considered ambidextous , but not the old style with the safety on the bottom of the lever on the right !

A few years ago there was a 99 in great shape except somewhere along the way an owner carved a bear into the stock. Not terribly done, but also not a real piece of art. Went cheap and I didn't buy. My only firearms regret so far.

I have a 99EG from 1952, chambered in 250-3000. Fabulous rifle, I could see how you could collect each caliber.

I had a 99 in 300 Savage caliber that looked like the 99EG in the pictures, it had a brass round counter and the same slim fore arm.

I shot a lot of deer with that rifle, most were running shots, the rifle just had a natural swing to it.

I also shot a lot of coyotes with that gun.

I got foolish and traded it for a Remington BDL in 30-06 caliber, sure wished I had my 99 back.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

Last edited:
Back