Anyone Else "Done" with SA Revolvers

Perhaps you should think about taking a nap before you go shooting so you are well rested and have the strength to pull the hammer back? Just saying . . . .

Does this mean you are going to "dump" what SA revolvers you have in favor of DA revolvers? Seems to me it takes just as much effort to pull a DA trigger and make a wheelmen go bang s it does to pull a hammer back? :rolleyes:

Usually takes about 1000rds in an afternoon before I'm tired of cocking single action revolvers but luckily it's all better the next day. ;)

roashooter

Anyone Else "Done" with SA Revolvers
Any one else tired of having to cock a revolver each time to take a shot.

Um, in a word, nope! Love all of my single action revolvers, wouldn't keep them if I didn't. I also don't find cocking the hammer all that tiring either. If this activity seems too strenuous for some people I suggest they take up Tiddlywinks instead.

20150710225405_zpsxh34jxta.jpg

Nope:)

The only kind of single-action revolver I've never had much use for is a .22. I just don't see the point in shucking the cases out.
For shame. I don't see the point in missing out on one of life's great pleasures, a single action .22LR.

The only kind of single-action revolver I've never had much use for is a .22. I just don't see the point in shucking the cases out.

Hard to reload if you don't shuck out the old for the new. Maybe that's the problem?

tipoc

I understand from (insider information) that several companies that make revolvers have come up with a wonderful new invention.
Instead of having to cock the hammer each time you want to fire.
You only have to pull the trigger once to get it to fire. Then repeat until the gun stops firing. Up to six I understand.
I understand that some that have tried it complain about the longer trigger pull and much higher trigger weight.
I don't know, all these new fangled things they keep coming up with on guns.
I still haven't gotten used to not having to load the gun from the front of the cylinder.

I understand from (insider information) that several companies that make revolvers have come up with a wonderful new invention.
You only have to pull the trigger once to get it to fire. Then repeat until the gun stops firing. Up to six I understand.
I understand that some that have tried it complain about the longer trigger pull and much higher trigger weight.
I still haven't gotten used to not having to load the gun from the front of the cylinder.
Too complicated. It'll never catch on. Maybe if you tried it on those fancy autoloaders....

Yeah, newfangled. This S&W 44 Double Action Target Model was made in 1895. Newfangled, Hah!

nickel44DA01_zpsaef44d59.jpg

Cocking it isn't a problem. The reload times though used to be nasty on my NewVaq.

Howdy Again

Reloads are a snap with any S&W Top Break, such as this New Model Number Three. Pop the latch up and swing down the barrel and all the empties pop out automatically.

new%20model%20number%20three%2001_zpsnhtam3mu.jpg

Reloads are simple too. No loading gate to contend with, just drop in fresh rounds, then swing the barrel up to latch gun shut again. Much, much faster than reloading a Colt.

unloading.jpg

Driftwood Johnson That looks like a NEW S&W.
Please tell me that S&W is making new one's.........
That's how nice it looks, That is a GREAT looking gun.

Driftwood Johnson That looks like a NEW S&W.
Please tell me that S&W is making new one's.........
That's how nice it looks, That is a GREAT looking gun.

Sorry, no, it was made in 1882. It looks so terrific because it was refinished at the factory in 1965.

Back