Anyone Else "Done" with SA Revolvers

Yea the OP confirmed via PM that all these threads he's starting are simply a joke to see who he can bait to respond. Beware of trolls everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 'done' when I pack up and leave with no more cartridges left to load in my SAs.... Can't think of any other reason to be 'done' with SAs ;) .

Saves money on ammo. Takes longer to shoot up a few boxes. Plus, it makes me a world class thumb wrestler. :D

While I'm not "done" with SA revolvers, I prefer DA not because of the "having to cock them every time" thing, but because I prefer the grip angle of most DAs over SAs and the ease of unloading and loading.

No matter what kind of revolver you have you have to cock the hammer. Does it really matter if it's with your thumb or with your trigger finger?

The only kind of single-action revolver I've never had much use for is a .22. I just don't see the point in shucking the cases out.

One of these days I'm going to finally spring for a single action. I'd love to get an S&W type break top, but I'll probably end up with some kind of Colt recreation because the price is so much more reasonable.

Mike Irwin said:

The only kind of single-action revolver I've never had much use for is a .22. I just don't see the point in shucking the cases out.

Not too much trouble for me, and certainly much better than an autoloader that throws your empties all over the place. I carry a small box to keep my empty .22 brass in until I get home. I keep empty Folgers coffee containers in my shop that keep spent primers, empty .22 cases, and split brass in. Doesn't take too long to accumulate $25 ~ $35 worth of scrap brass. Which all goes into the gun fund.

Bob Wright

It's a .22. Who cares if the empties are thrown all over the place? Its not as if they're worth anything unless you shoot a bunch, which I don't anymore.

Mike:

It's a .22. Who cares if the empties are thrown all over the place? Its not as if they're worth anything unless you shoot a bunch, which I don't anymore.

My can of spent primers is at about five pounds now, and my scrap brass buckets total up to close to forty pounds. My last visit to the scrap yard let me walk away with an extra $40.00.

That brass is worth something to me!

Bob Wright

If by "done with SA revolvers" you mean done buying them (for now), then I am. But only because I am out of gun money. :D

I have about a dozen, all Ruger new models, Blackhawks Super, Vaqueros, and even a New Vaquero.

Someone once compared the SA revolver to driving a manual transmission sports car. You don't do it because it is the most efficient thing available today, you do it for the pleasure of owning and operating the machinery. And, it still gets you around, just fine. ;)

Anyone Else "Done" with SA Revolvers
Any one else tired of having to cock a revolver each time to take a shot.

And your handle is ROAshooter? Ain't that for Ruger Old Army?

I'm gonna make a list of all the things ROAshooter is tired of and try to figure out what he is shooting.

Nope I'm not tired of it. With practice and patience they can be as accurate as other handguns. In general they are considerably stronger. The lock time issue and the effects of the hammer fall can be worked on.

They are one of the most fun and practical packing pistols out there.

Super Blackhawk Predator by Mag-Na-Port
14324Rmag1.jpg

tipoc

I don't mind cocking the hammer. I just don't really care for single-action revolvers. I've owned a number of them, but never never really warmed up to them.

Oddly enough, I DO actually love the FEEL of a S/A. I could sit and just cock one, and let the hammer down, cock it and let the hammer down all day long.

But for shooting, I prefer a hand ejector style revolver hands down,

This should be my post, as it mirrors my thoughts exactly.

SA

Not even close to being done with SA revolvers....

Four Ruger Old Army's....each one different....

Ruger large frame...Blackhawk 45colt...4..5/8...SS

Ruger new model....Blackhawk...357...4..5/8...SS

Ruger new model....Single Six...22/22mag.....SS

Ruger three screw...Blackhawk...357..4.5/8...Blued..

Ruger...Lipseys....Blackhawk...44 special..4..5/8....blued....

Back