Anyone CCW a Revolver?

It would appear that the answer to the OP's question is "yes."

I don't necessarily look to carry a larger caliber revolver in cold weather, but I suppose I could switch to .357 when that time comes. I haven't in the past, but I could. I've had my LCR for 3-4 years, and the longer I have it, the more I like it. It's easy to shoot, and easy to carry.

This summer I have carried my Charter Arms Target Pathfinder .22 Mag. in a Simply Rugged pancake holster, CCW. It holds two shotshells up top, for rattlesnakes, other 4 for 2 legged snakes. It conceals very well under just a T-shirt.

Main CC is a S&W 329PD 4" with a Lock Delete kit in it out here in AZ. Tucked in front believe it or not cross draw and comfortable as all get out. Partial to the scandium and TI due to sweating like a pig out here. BUG is a Kimber K6S I recently picked up in an ankle holster. Mixed emotions on the K6S due to weight.

picture.php

792ffd2765bccb797413a17ef1460ec9

I carried a 642 for nine years, but have slowly turned into an auto guy. I've been carrying a P938 lately for the added capacity.

Since I've carried, it has been a revolver:

6-shot .38 Astra 680, 2" snub.

I'm very fond of it.
I do like my SP-01 9mm but, like Cajun Bass, i think I'm a revolver guy at heart.

You folks that carry revolvers, of any size, in your front pockets must be wearing some baggy britches!

The Airweight S&W j-frames are surprisingly easy to put in a front pocket....unless you are wearing skinny jeans.

I've GOT a 642. And I can put it in my pocket, but it isn't very readily accessible unless I'm walking around with it in my hand. My jeans aren't skinny, but they aren't "ghetto" either.

Anyone CCW a Revolver?

Well, I imagine that since you are asking on "The Revolver Forum", you will get a lot of "yes" answers.

You folks that carry revolvers, of any size, in your front pockets must be wearing some baggy britches!
I often carry a 642 Airweight in the front pocket of cargo pants/shorts or loose fitting jeans (not baggy) during warmer weather. It's comfortable and no one has a clue. As long as the pants/shorts have deep pockets and you can still breathe while wearing them it isn't an issue. Most people are off in their own little worlds and wouldn't look up from their phones long enough to notice someone pocket carrying a 1911 much less a 642.

Last edited:
I usually carry a 4" Colt Python or 4" S&W 686. When I don't carry one of them I carry a 3" S&W 65. I started with revolvers and have transitioned to semi-autos but still love my revolvers.

Went shooting with my friend today who, because he lives in a free state West of the Hudson River, has a CCW permit. His carry gun is a S&W J frame with exposed hammer, my future carry gun is a Glock 27 Gen 4.

Shooting that J frame, with +P ammo is not easy. He never goes to the range to shoot and he was throwing 6 inch groups at 5 yards with his carry ammo at first. I brought some standard pressure 158 grain LRN and after some more practice, with ample time taken to aim between each shot, he was getting 2 inches at 10 yards.

I was getting 3 inch groups at 18 yards with my Glock 27 with fairly rapid shots.

My point is that small snub revolvers with little grips are very hard to aim and me, not being one who shoots them often, have come to the conclusion that they are not for me as carry guns. For the size, you can get a .380 that's much smaller or a 9mm that's roughly the same size.

This coming from someone who bought a Rock Island 2 inch .38 revolver 3 weeks ago. I bought that to use as a nightstand gun or a garage gun, not for carrying. My current disposition is that if I'm going to carry a revolver, it's going to have a barrel length of at least 3 inches and a medium to full size grip and it's likely going to be an open carry gun.

EDIT: And after seeing how poorly my friend was shooting with his .38 that he rarely shoots, it becomes all the more clear to me the value of a .32 caliber revolver. Why? .32 beats any .22 for performance and accurate shooting and it has less recoil than .38.

Last edited:
Back