Anyone CCW a Revolver?

SGW Gunsmith

During the colder months when a longer jacket or coat is preferred, I will carry a revolver that has a bit more power than a summer, thin clothing wear, life insurance policy provides.

9qDh6nul.jpg

Gonna be a loud & flame producing encounter for a bad guy. :eek:

I often conceal carry my S&W Model 66-2 with a 2 & 1/2" barrel in .357 Magnum. I have in the past concealed carry a S&W Model 42 Centennial. An easy to carry speed strip in my pocket provides extra rounds of ammunition.

1a47f7efc1be077aba48889a1d98c5fb.jpg

I carry a Kimber K6S. 6 shots. 357 Magnum.

Plus I carry a Glock 19 MOS WITH AN RMR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I often pocket carry my Pinnacle custom S&W 360J 9mm/.38spl convertible. I open carry a revolver when working on my farm or when in the woods, fishing, etc.. Of course, that turns into concealed carry in the late fall and winter months.
fQcGFKucaRjH0Yhc9wRfe2BNRKOxhmVaL3MAUJsduDijqfC_duIRjh4xnEWbRt5WX3zsIY1aOWKaGSdHAGbZpcuWBZ63VirjxAAB69EKSXxGfqRpxhX9TImysu_iXxBI3Vfzg0Y0msky5oXFISrPfXmB7CAGz5uO7uN_xijyvDWc91YtRs3A-x8O7awIVeiEhq9MZmcZf1QUyrznXJY4FUtnKBUBqpAYUOMfAcQMcE_sV0XL7e4bTqkadkZFojxVXapAKtmrOaJLXDZTDw0gF7c2wguljhv3yiXgFwtYS_wxL_YK0xInQ0jzRCy4XEufPfdlxcsbkq4xenSS_dEH7JUZ_wKdlSGWw5dDTvM7Tb1QLZpmg4dHPtxe0Gc_8-X_TOU7mpUeHvPEZvtXTekJ9HIpVzM76zxNxhIFabpaRYqeJe2Ognea78KeaLRtc230FVXaOu92DpKmesJWBzk0-LxdNvCI7MLFjri5e5hgVdEq-qEGOgSZafXMs0a2v4G9d_1GdMqx8G4vn49AYx-J3Xx5Wo9Ar2cSHtdmOjgW1VTqUDEgYH2bKSt9khdBGYTYrHwLXQv6CUlOdFzZLHvOBDdnkferzarytECsqP8ELDA_fHh35OdiFQ=w977-h644-no

LCR 38 Spcl. +P loaded with Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel +P Winter coat pocket carry in a DeSantis Nemesis.
Sometimes IWB Charter Arms Bulldog. Also mostly during colder months. I use a Theis Hybrid IWB holster made for the Ruger SP 101. Fits like it was made for the Bulldog.

Cheapshooter has it almost right :D I opted for LCR357 in a Nemesis in the front pocket, carry load is 38+p, Winchester Ranger Bonded or Remington Golden Saber.

I carry a Colt Cobra or S&W Model 12 revolver concealed on occasion. I'm currently looking to get a Ruger LCR revolver chambered in .327 Magnum. I have an affection for light-weight, compact snub-nosed revolvers having a six-shot capacity.

Cheapshooter has it almost right I opted for LCR357 in a Nemesis in the front pocket, carry load is 38+p, Winchester Ranger Bonded or Remington Golden Saber.
I went with the 38 Spcl LCR for the 2 ounce less carry weight. Front pocket doesn't conceal as well as with my LCP, so that is my hot weather carry.

Carried a S&W 642 in my right front pocket today while attendeding a birthday party for my granddaughter. Weather was warm and slightly muggy, so clothing was shorts and a light shirt.

Other times I have carried a Ruger SP101, just because I wanted to carry a revolver.

The majority of the time, my EDC is a Glock 26.

I carry a revolver more often than a semi-auto.

Depending on what I am doing/wearing, it cycles between a Ruger SP101, S&W 642, and a S&W 36. As soon as I find a 3" Kimber I may bring that into the rotation and retire the Chiefs Special.

I find these smaller revolvers a bit easier to conceal IWB than a semi-auto, which I mainly carry OWB.

Back