Anybody change up their carry for the times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW... for the other revolver carriers out there, have any of you guys ever seen a "mag pouch" that would hold the speed strips for reloading??? I'd think it wouldn't be much different than a traditional semi auto mag pouch, just would have to be wider, to accomodate the generally longer revolver cartridges sideways in the speed strips... being more a revolver guy, & living small town & on the farm, I generally don't carry a reload, but would be happier with carrying a wheel gun, in these percieved more dangerous times, if I could carry a couple speed strips with me...

Rob @ simply rugged makes a speed strip pouch that goes on the belt (I think he calls it the "most versatile pouch"). I own a few of them, they work very well. The only down side is that the strips are stored horizontally instead of vertically (like a semi auto mag pouch), which means that the consume more belt space.

Thanks... I was wondering if the pouch was "upright", if there might be a possibility of the bottom cartridge coming out of the strip, with friction from the pouch... so maybe Robb made them that way for better reliability on cartridge retention???

Normally I carry a 1911, but I just came across a melted pmr 30. It is a hoot to shoot and can shoot all day before changing magazine. I feel very confident that the 22 mag will give me all the protection I need. I now carry 50 rds instead of 21 rds of 45 cal.

It's a novelty for me but wit all the holiday shopping carrying less weight has been a big plus. As far as reliability as a caliber I have faith with this round as I do with the 45 cal. I shoot several thousands rds a year so my skill is unquestionable.

Cosmo,

Melted - All the sharp edges are smoothed and rounded to make it easier to draw. Usually from concealment.

image-jpg.14963

Melted - All the sharp edges are smoothed and rounded to make it easier to draw. Usually from concealment.

Thanks, jglsprings. Over the years, I've occasionally filed, sanded, or even dremeled hard edges and corners from things like pistol and knife grips for ergonomic or wear reasons. (No, never from anything fancy or collectible.) Despite using heat to smooth nylon in other projects, I never thought of using it on gun polymer. Now I know it's a thing and there's a name for it. I never stop learning here on TFL. :)

No difference in on my person carry. S&W M&P 9c with a spare mag. That's 25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense on board. If that's not enough then I'm definitely involved in a bad, bad situation.

i always search the $5 bins at my lgs for used holsters, etc. i found that i can fit 1-2 speedstrips into the mag pouch sewn to the front of some semiauto pistol holsters. or i just put them into my pocket. im never without at least 1 speedstrip. im pretty fast with speedloaders but never found a comfortable way to ccw them.

For those who like carrying small-frame revolvers in .38/.357, switching to .327 Federal will give you a 20% increase in capacity. ;)

Thanks, jglsprings. Over the years, I've occasionally filed, sanded, or even dremeled hard edges and corners from things like pistol and knife grips for ergonomic or wear reasons. (No, never from anything fancy or collectible.) Despite using heat to smooth nylon in other projects, I never thought of using it on gun polymer. Now I know it's a thing and there's a name for it. I never stop learning here on TFL.

The gun pictured in the photo is a 1911. No heat was applied to "melt" it. Just common metal working tools. It's an extreme de-burr. The term comes from the gun having the appearance of being "melted" and not from the actual use of heat.

tipoc

The gun pictured in the photo is a 1911. No heat was applied to "melt" it. Just common metal working tools. It's an extreme de-burr. The term comes from the gun having the appearance of being "melted" and not from the actual use of heat.

I figured that. Poking around, do people use heat on polymer stuff to achieve "melt" status?

If you follow the link here...

https://robarguns.com/custom-weapons/handguns/custom-glocks/

you can see some of what Robar does with Glocks. Most of it involves just the straight forward removal of material. But some of the texturing is done with heat being applied in one way or another with the use of tools.

Robar pioneered this work, I believe, but others have followed. Various methods of stippling are used, some machining or cutting.

tipoc

A terrorist attack is still very very low on my list of concerns. I'm more likely to die on my way to work in an accident. I will continue to carry the same as I always have.

Anybody change up their carry for the times?

As much as I hate to admit it, I have. Switched from my J frame without a reload on person to a K frame .357 Magnum, with a reload on person.

My agency's policy makes me carry what they want me to, but that will end January 1st. I will then carry what I want which will be a G43, an Hk VP9 and a Century Arms(Canik) TP9SA.

Other than that change, the other big change is that I will have go-bag. The TP9SA will be carried but it will also do duty in the go bag and on the night stand since it will have a light/laser attachment.

I carry my Browning BDA 380 right now but that will be rarely carried since I want to maintain that for a keepsake.

A simple mugger to a team of effin' terrorists need to be taken down and taken down hard in a hail of lead...jacketed hollow point lead that is!

Went from G19 to G26 to LCP to S&W 638 snub (just a Goldilocks thing between deep concealment and accuracy ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back