Anybody change up their carry for the times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. I change from a .38 spl j-frame (model 60) 5-shot snubbie.....to a 3" K-frame (model 64) 6-shot .38 spl.

Got to change with the times ! :D

No. I changed nothing.

tipoc

Me either! I still carry my PX4 Compact. I did recently invest in a new custom made, leather holster from Black Hills Leather. Beautiful leather, smooth leather lining, excellent stitching, perfect fit, easy draw, open top, slide belt, design.

I sometimes think it's not so much what you carry, but how you carry it. I realize if you're from "Dillon" Texas you'd probably have fewer options.;)

Nope J frame with a couple of reloads. If things seem heat up I'll break out the semi. Faster reloading and higher capacity. Remember the government is our friend and it will protect us.:D

My carry is still applicable to the "times!" It's an all-around companion, unless I'm either showering or sleeping, yet always near at hand. I prefer compact, easy to conceal, and carries a wallop! It's really about my training, practice, and attitude, with a constant sense of what is around me. The "times" should not make us CCW folks gear up as much as be aware of our surroundings and our loved ones we protect.

ABSOLUTELY and so happy for it..... its jacket weather here in Georgia, and since I am required a tucked polo @ work with heavy BDU's, summer carry sucks and I have to carry little 9mm's that are harder to shoot and very hard to quickly un-holster. Oh jacket weather...... under-arm surplus rig and a CZ-75 D PCR. I will neve hate on the Taurus PT111 G2 for what it is, but it is NOT a CZ!!!

I've carried 1911 45ACPs for over twenty years, all year around. Although when my back gives me problems, I now carry a 9mm Shield some of the time. So no change for me. Carry the same as always.:D

Now that the weather has cooled down, I carry my sig226. During the summer I carry my cz75. The cz has a finish that has never shown wear even with the heat and sweat while carrying in the waistband.

I think I have answered this question before?

But not here, so no, not changed anything. OTB Glock factory holster, suitably cut and altered. Glock wee mag pouches, two of them, one left alone, for a G17 mag. One received the put in the kitchen sink, run very hot water on it treatment, keep forcing Surefire light in it till it fits.

The holster and two mag pouches weigh nothing and work well.

So Gun stuff, Glock 19 4th gen, Tru Glo sights, extended slide release (Glock factory model) just examined this pistol, looks like the day I bought it, it's spotless, great finish on Glocks.

One spare Mag G17 model, with 17 Ranger 147g Winchester HP none Plus P. Same rounds in the pistol, 16. Folding Knife, Benchmade, small multi tool in pants pocket. Same as always.

I consider this is as good a load out as can be had. If we had reason to carry a vehicle weapon (Not yet) Steyr AUG loaded thirty round magazine, but chamber empty, safety on. If an unauthorized person picked this up, not so easy to make ready to fire.

No biggest town I visit under 10K .Terrorist want a no guns allowed city and lots of targets .
Not Hooterville where most of the redneck citizens are likely packing :D

S.W MP 40C ., HK P200SK 40, Seecamp 32 or Beretta 21a 22lr.
Depends on what time of the day it is .
Don't want my pants to fall down .:eek:

Everyone knows that you're supposed to put away your brightly colored guns after Labor Day...
LMAO!

I've carried a 1911A1 in .45 ACP for more years than I care to admit to. The only thing I'D change is to go to a Commander-sized piece with an alloy frame (which is in the works).

Kosh, word of advice, the LWCC is prone to cracking in the frame, if shot a lot, drill a tiny hole were the crack ends, fixed. Carried mine in a Alessi leather holster, with his double stack mag pouch. Wilson? 8 round magazines.

But that is a perfect carry gun if you like 8 shot pistols. I just like double the rounds. Glock 19 4th Gen. One G17 spare Mag.

I'm switching over the next month or so... I used to carry a Witness 10mm, back when I 1st started carrying, & was traveling to the "city" more... but got hooked on thinner / lighter guns, & spending less time in the "city"... on my belt right now is a 7 shot 22 Magnum S&W 351 PD... when I get my new Simply Rugged holster for the 10mm I'll start carrying that again ( also in the process of buying more ammo & components for 10 mm practice )

BTW... for the other revolver carriers out there, have any of you guys ever seen a "mag pouch" that would hold the speed strips for reloading??? I'd think it wouldn't be much different than a traditional semi auto mag pouch, just would have to be wider, to accomodate the generally longer revolver cartridges sideways in the speed strips... being more a revolver guy, & living small town & on the farm, I generally don't carry a reload, but would be happier with carrying a wheel gun, in these percieved more dangerous times, if I could carry a couple speed strips with me...

I'd never argue with anyone with 80 yrs. under his belt, but I've had my LWCC for 25 years and it's been shot a lot, including a double charged reload that I'm sure stressed the Commander, I know it stressed me. While the frame may crack, I'm not sure it's prone to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back