Anybody change up their carry for the times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win-lose

Well, with the holiday season upon us (in a crappy economy) and all the news of terrorists plotting our demise, I've changed up my carry routine.

I usually carry 44 special(urban)/magnum(woods) revolvers. But, with the above, I've switched over to carrying my p220 and a couple of mags. In my mind, I know that my actual risk profile hasn't really changed. But, it comforts me to "feel" more prepared for an unlikely multi adversary encounter, be it thugs in a parking lot after I just spent too much money on gifts; or a bunch of nuts trying to show their love for their god.

Anybody else recently change things up, for the emotional comfort of it?

Yes I did. So far most of the time I carried a S&W 36 .38 special,(5 shot)
From now on, it"ll be a Sig 226 .40, or a Glock G19 9mm.
Life is a continues change.

Yes. Maybe some more mags. But usually I'm a little heavy on the magazines. Always have 2 spare 20 rounders on me.

In wake of the "new" terror threats I do carry a second gun on me as well.

So 2 guns. 2 spare mags on me. 3 in the car. More at home.

10 mm. Because there's mountain lions here. I saw one less than a month ago.

My friend in Montana was followed a short distance by one unhappy (growling, ears folded back) kitty. He kept a 12 GA aimed at it in case bad kitty got too close.

In winter I find it easier to carry a sw4506 and the sw1911 as a possible rotation primary. I carry a 452 as a secondary in the winter and a .380 makarov in the summer. Bigger clothes = bigger gun IMO.

I may carry an extra mag for my P01.

A bulletin was released today warning of homegrown daesh threats on 'soft' US civillian targets. This isn't chicken little stuff any more.:(

usual ccw is ruger lcr 22lr. thinking to switch to a taurus pt 25acp or naa guardian 32acp for the faster mag reloads. will always have a bond arms 410 at hand. rather than my choice of ccw im much more worried that the left will use latest jihadi attacks to ramp up both gun control and refugee intake.

You are right. I usually carry my old Colt Cobra lightweight in OBH. Time now to switch to my Taurus 45C M450Ti (Titanium) with CT Grips in my simply rugged holster. I carry WIN silver tips. I have posted pics of both before.

I was trending to my Ruger LCR for main carry. Lighter, easy to carry. Only 5 shots, oh my. With the changing times and dangers currently present I have begun toting my Glock 23 with spare magazine. Capacity over weight.

I've switched to carrying my Kahr CW40 IWB more often because I can conceal it better under heavier fall and winter clothing. When I can't, I still carry my TCP in a wallet holster. I always carry an extra magazine too.

I've changed from a 3.5", 6+1 .45, to a 4.25", 8+1 .45.
I don't know that any sense of heightened risk influenced the change, but I think I'm going to start carrying at least one extra mag, when I rarely have in the past.

I'm retired and in shorts most of the year, so I carry a Sig p238 in a pocket. When it gets cold enough for jeans, I belt carry a Springfield XDs .45 or a Kahr PM9 ... all shoot far better than I can and are easy to reload quickly ...

I went to two pistols and two extra mags each after the 4 Marines got shot.
Old SASS ambidexterous shooter, so accurate two-gun is a definite skill in my bag.

Worst case, toss one to a local Jarhead and start flanking the BG.
One of us will get him.

No. I think it's worth considering that since 9/11, fear of terrorists and terrorism has been exciting, profitable, and politically manipulable. This has gone on for more than a decade and at significant cost. Yet, you are still much more likely to get struck by lightning, hit by a car, or attacked by an ordinary bad guy. Preparing for that last one makes sense, and you can probably get versatile enough protection from whatever you are carrying now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back