Another Assault tuna attack

DC

Moderator Emeritus
A fisherman in San Diego beat his captain with a 20 lb tuna. The captain was hospitalized with broken vertebrae and other bones.
This incident follows a similar attack 2 weeks ago where a man beat his girlfriend with a 10 lb tuna outside a San Diego supermarket. (extensively posted on here at TFL).

It seems that San Diego and tuna do not mix ;)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Is this for real? A crime commited with a blunt, no slimey, object? Would this fall under the category as a concealed weapon? Was the Tuna strategically placed on the boat? THis is a riot. See, I dont need to buy me a gun, I need to buy me a 10 pound tuna!

Miss D...

Yep, both are for real incidents.

The guy/girl incident was committed with a fresh 10 lb tuna in the market parking lot...she suffered bruises and contusions. He was arrested for battery.
The fisherman/captain was committed with a 20 lb frozen tuna. and the captain was seriously injured. The fisherman was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon; one news account also said attempted murder.

On June 18, we were talking about "Ban Tuna" after the guy/girl incident :)

------------------

I am anti "dolphin-friendly" tuna. I think the added hint of dolphin in my tuna perks up an otherwise dull tuna sandwich.

I own a 5 lb tuna that I use for home defense that I bought after testing one at my local seafood store. I found out there that Congress is considering a bill that would institute waiting periods, limits on the size of tuna you can own (under 20 lb, but the original bill would have banned anything over 5), and would forbid freezing your tuna. Sarah Brady is quoted as saying "We have to think of the children. There's no reason why anyone needs to keep fish in the home, and this is a valuable first step towards the total elimination of violent food products from our society." I know that we are all responsible consumers of sea-related edibles, so let's let our Congressmen know how we feel about this latest infringment on our dining freedom!

I'm curious- if I wanted to buy a swordfish, will I have to go to a class III supermarket? I'm also considering getting a guard-crab. Anyone know if Alaskan King, or Snow crab are good breeds?

------------------
"Fear is the path to the Dark Side...
Fear leads to gun laws, gun laws lead to disarmament, disarmament... leads to Tyranny!"

-------------------------

"The Second Amendment will be with you, always."

[This message has been edited by Jedi Oomodo (edited June 28, 1999).]

Make no mistake....I am unabashedly pro-tuna!

Had NATO bombed Kosovo with tuna the war would have been over in 2 weeks and they would be behaving now.

------------------

Please dont forget that a mandatory lock will be required on your tuna safe. I think I like the logo that has a picture of a tuna with a red slash going thru it! :)

Maybe the guys in these incidents should have been arrested for assault with a "dead" weapon.

------------------
Safe shooting - PKAY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
---------------------

Fitzpatrick Fishwrappers, LLC, has just released their new fish-concealment holster. Known as the FFW2K, the molded nylon holster makes it easier than ever for the law abiding fish owner to discreetly carry their large-frame personal defense fish. A sample of the FFW2K may be seen <a href="http://www.users.uswest.net/~coinneach/holsterfish.jpg">here</a>.

Deodorizer not included.

I think I will go to the Tuna-range before purchasing this product. At the tuna-range will be wooden fisherman that you can smack the tuna on to get the feel of the fish.

Was that a pre-ban or a post-ban Tuna?

Did it have the "extended dorsal fin" or just a regular one... ;)

CMOS

I've always felt that an octopus with legal 18 inch tentacles and extended magazine is a more impressive man-stopper at closer range due to the wider pattern spread. That and the fact that they won't penetrate walls inside the home makes it ideal home defense weapon. Sure, the tuna is a versatile weapon, but face it, an octopus or the snubnose piranah makes a better defensive weapon for moderate to very close ranges.

------------------
Ron

Detroit Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Scoiety

Now ACLU might like this issue.
MY problemwith tuna is that it is hard to reload them.I saw an ad today for an accessory for an SKS that launched a full soft drink can. I guess I could cram some tuna into a cola can...maybe I could adapt it to launch a tuna can.
Would CA by chance have a buy back progran for a tuna can launching SKS w/lug?

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Just as quick as you can spell conspiracy theory backwards it has been pointed out that we didnt have these attacks before Hillary started visiting in Binghamton,NY.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Although I have nothing against tuna per say, I'm more partial to the Man-of-War jellyfish as my weapon of choice. :) By the way, where the heck could you conceal a 20-pound tuna? That weighs more than my 6-month-old. Would pirana be considered assault fish along with swordfish?

Back