And heres my first question ?

6-June-5_zpsgijttug6.jpg

6-June-6_zpsxkkpfyhh.jpg

6-June-7_zpsvoyeshay.jpg

6-June-4_zpsjxemcemy.jpg

:D

I wanna keep the Duracoat on the plunger for however long it lasts -- it wont slide easily - so I'll use a 12G brass brush with some Permatex valve lapping compound to open up the channel a wee-bit and replace the nipples with stainless steel ones --

Now I gotta wait to meet up with one of my card carrying license buddy's with the last component to fire this -- legally --
tantrum_zpsf66fd990.gif

10-June-1_zps5vdm7aia.jpg

9-June-7_zpsfdn8mebe.jpg

I wanna do another
dance.gif

Last edited:
So last night after I took the pic -- I noticed this --

10-June-2_zpsanh2of8y.jpg

Yep -- I missed one bur at a screw hole --

10-June-7_zpsya1k5nci.jpg

toetap05.gif

And I just bought my first can of Altoids - ever --

10-June-5_zps6occr9ks.jpg

$2. for a snappy little can isn't bad -- is it ?

10-June-6_zpsnv922ylz.jpg

Duracoat take 2 -- :rolleyes:

Scratch in the not fully cured cylinder -- screwed up the paint with the loading rod clasp retaining pin -- couldn't save the paint on the other end -- so I polished where the plunger screws to it :o

And finger prints on the barrel because I'm a moron ;)

13-June-8_zpsvl0thznp.jpg

I always post up the good & not so good :D

Rice,
Thinking you need to try some bluing next time around. Spray paint is "just wrong" on a C&B revolver. :mad::D:mad::D

The last time I checked into that -

Find someplace here on Crap-Island & pay through the nose -- :rolleyes:

Send it out of state & pay through the nose + shipping -- :rolleyes:

To set up my own tanks -- I would have to make it a cottage industry to cover the costs :(

Bad enough I gots my buddy's haunting me about Cerakoteing as soon as I get to this - converting it into a curing cabinet ;)

Locker-4_zpserzunqpf.jpg

rap_zpsb23a36c4.gif

Love the drop boxes ---

23-June-1_zpsqamj54mn.jpg

I now consider myself a amateur kitchen table ( but the table was stored away to make room for a work bench ) gun smith -- I gots a dedicated hollow ground screwdriver set --

23-June-2_zpsehsieaho.jpg

You could have gotten a better screwdriver set but it will work until you get a really tight screw and the bit twists like a wet noodle.

I got the same screw driver handle and bits just a different package. Love the driver. Bits were junk. Broke em. Got a big variety bit kit from harbor freight now. Haven't had a problem. Even on the toughest screws. Was a cheap kit and I didn't expect much but I was pleasantly surprised with the toughness of em.

Back