An Open Letter To The CEO of Levi Strauss & Co.

From psyfly:
"Bob, (and others): What brands of jeans have you found an acceptable replacement? "

Duluth Trading ballroom jeans. You can fit a Commander size 1911 or BHP in the front pocket.

There was a time when Levis where the dominant brand in the jeans business, but I think that day has long passed. Jeans are now available everywhere under a multitude of brands. Personally I can't recall how many DECADES it has been since I owned a pair of Levis. This whole episode smacks of an attempt to gain some free publicity without committing to a particular policy regarding firearms.

Bob, (and others): What brands of jeans have you found an acceptable replacement?

I don't wear jeans to be sexy, at my age that's most likely a good thing.:)
I like good heavy weight denim would prefer a button fly and don't want droopy baggy britches.

The jeans I've started buying are Walmart red tag Wranglers, they have a zipper fly but the zippers seem to be strong, they fit me good and the best part is I can buy 3 pair of these for what 1 pair of Levis cost.

As of this Spring I no longer do any work where riding a horse is involved, I have worn the Walmart Wranglers while horseback, they are not bad but not quite the same as my Levis, especially with chaps on.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

There was a time when Levis where the dominant brand in the jeans business, but I think that day has long passed.

Sure L-S was dominant. They co-invented the product in the 1870s. By the 1950s, there were several brands being made and jeans because popular as a fashion item instead of being a work item. Then everything really changed and has continued to change.

This whole episode smacks of an attempt to gain some free publicity without committing to a particular policy regarding firearms.

So basically what you are saying is that they are making a smart business move to get publicity for no expense and without really having to do anything beyond a singular announcement. It may be an old company, no longer dominant company, but obviously can still be a shrewd company.

And why should they have to commit? They placate one side without infringing on the carry wishes of the other.

I have been on the Levi website and can not find a "no gun" policy. If it is not posted somewhere how would one know about it? Are there signs on the doors of their stores?

When I asked if there was proof or some surce for the information that an anti gun groups was behind the CEO's letter this was the only reply I got here.

CEOs have get togethers all the time. I just assume that Michael Bloomberg the funds behind Moms Demand Action / Everytown for Gun Safety bends ears at these informal meetings about banning guns.

The problem is in "assuming" it. So far there is no evidence of it.

tipoc

I have been on the Levi website and can not find a "no gun" policy. If it is not posted somewhere how would one know about it? Are there signs on the doors of their stores?

That's because there is not one. No signs either. Just a letter from the CEO of Levi's asking that customers not bring their guns into the stores. He said in the letter that they don't want a ban, more problems then they want he said.

Read through the thread. Most of this is explained there.

tipoc

Back