An Expert Informed Me I Was Undergunned....

Usually, the one talking the most knows the least. Happens all the time, the shooting world, the biker world, the martial arts world, etc. ad nauseum infinitum.

My wife was notorious for outshooting the rest of the people on the range but the one day that really made me giggle was when I was shooting bowling pins. I was setting them up at 100 yards and shooting them down with a 30-30 Model 94. No biggie, just having fun. At one point I had just set up the pins again and was taking aim and heard six shots ring out to my right and watched six of my pins go rolling. I just up at my lovely life mate and saw a big ol' grin and I just had to laugh. She had taken them all out with her GP100 using .38 special loads I built for her.

Of course, I had to feign being pissed off because now I had to do another 200 yard round trip hike to set 'em back up and of course, that made her laugh even more!

Fun stuff.

Usually, I see people on the pistol range who can't hit their target and they are constantly blaming their pistol. Trying the tweak the sights. Adjusting their point of aim on every shot and generally spreading shots all over the paper, even at close ranges. About the time I hear them say, "This gun sucks!" is when I ask them if I can try it.

And shoot a same-hole group for them with their own pistol. About half the time, they walk off, even more pissed off. The other half of the time, they ask how I did that and I'm more than happy to show them some basics which always improves their shooting for the rest of the day.

Fun times, though.

--Wag--

I had that happen once, with an Astra A-90 45ACP. I could NOT hit the target to save my life, but everyone else could. I swear that gun hated me - traded it away fast.

MK70SS,

After careful review and consideration of your original post
which began this thread, I have concluded you are
undergunned.

And I am an expert!

What you need to supplement your 5-shooter is
a whip.

In fact, from my expertise in this matter, I urge a
lot of brethren should carry a whip, including women. :)

Back