Am I the only one who is not enamored but the new PCC rage?

I sorta hate to admit it but I'm rather interested in the Aero Precision EPC line. For some reason I find myself interested in one in .40 caliber too. Don't know exactly why, might need to discuss that with my therapist... ;)

I'm also concerned about the direct blowback system. Not really a problem for most of the pistol calibers but not luxurious either. Then again for the price they are selling if for...

I wasn't ever too interested in the PCC's. They look like fun and I understand the advantages, but there were always other things further up the "want" list.

Now, due to the ammo crunch, I'm falling back on my rimfire stash (bigger than center-fire). Within the next week, I'll have all the parts for my dedicated 22lr upper receiver for my AR. I guess that'll be my PCC.

"...inside a confined space..." So does a cf pistol calibre out of a handgun.
Pistol caliber carbine is a Politically Correct way of saying semi-auto only submachine gun. Such things being a great deal of fun.
Shot a real M-16K(9mm select fire SMG version) at Second Chance long ago. (Colt sales reps are great people.). Fabulous things so they are/were.
Sadly there's a lot of plain junk in the market.
1,080px × 1,080px is too big.

I was not interested a few years back. But things change, and a little learning about the benifits shows that for MY personal needs they are a great idea. I do not have any use for a 5.56. Nothing against them but just no need. None for hunting etc. And they are LOUD. Hate to be at a indoor range on a Saturday when the owners come out of the wood work.
I shoot a mostly 9mm's and always have plenty of ammo. (pre crap days). It makes perfect sense for many things. Home defense. Bug out with a Carry Pistol etc. Amnmo not as expensive etc.

What if find interesting is that many talk about just shooting 50 yds. I would say that even just 25 yds a Carbine 9mm will produce much better results and faster, than any pistol, at least for me. 50 yds is a bonus.

The way I think about pccs is a semi auto smg. They definitely don't replace a rifle, but having a medium range gun with mags that are interchange with your carry gun could be very beneficial. Plus a ton of fun at the range...

Also, I still think a lever gun PCC is sweet. Got my eye on a henry lever gun in 44mag for hunting season this year.

You're not alone ... PCC isn't my cup of tea either .
I tend to enjoy the NRA Bullseye Match shooting myself .
Gary

I was about to ask how this thread made it to page 4. But then I realized that this is a "milk vs sugar" argument.
It's about tea - personal taste and preference.

My take?
PCCs are dumb and of little value.
But that "little" part... It matters to me and makes sense. I'd own several if I hadn't blown my funds elsewhere over the last decade.

AS noted previously, I currently have PCC's in Kel-Tec, CZ and most recently an Extar...have owned several others. I am thoroughly impressed with the Extar for 1/3 the price of my Scorpion! Very smooth and soft shooting. So much so, I bought another & have had 7 friends acquire one as well. All have been satisfied. Might want to check them out too...
Apparently Extar has changed a bit. The ones I looked at a couple years ago were rifle-caliber pistols: 5.56 and without any buffer tube.

First and foremost, I personally think that it makes no sense at all mergingg pistol caliber ARs, actual "carbines" in the classical sense of the M1 or Marlin Camp Gun and semi-auto variants of SMGs into one category, these are very different concepts in terms of compactness and handling imho.

I do see alot of benefits as compared to a SBR / rifle caliber carbine:
- cheaper ammo
- magazine combatibiliy with your pistol is possible
- while rifle calibers don't retain a lot of energy below 12, 10" or so, pistol calibers still gain a bit more then out of a pistol-length barrel while avoiding the immense blast and flame throwing. Much more comfortable to shoot indoors
- PC are more useful when using a suppressor
- PC often utilize a strsight blowback system which is simpler and easier to maintain than a gas operated platform
- some PCC (particularly the "civil-version SMGs") are considerably more compact than even very short ARs

I was about to ask how this thread made it to page 4. But then I realized that this is a "milk vs sugar" argument.
It's about tea - personal taste and preference.

My take?
PCCs are dumb and of little value.
But that "little" part... It matters to me and makes sense. I'd own several if I hadn't blown my funds elsewhere over the last decade.
Cream or Sugar In Tea ?
I rather like my 9mm AR9

Pistol caliber carbines are great! They can be very good house guns and are a hoot to shoot at the range.

Especially if you pony up that $200 for the SBR stamp.

b8850ed00ea88f5c59907a11aeecfd7de1b31940.jpg

The extra $200 isn't the problem. Real or perceived, it's the access granted to unwanted visitors to your home to inspect anything and everything you have...is. Also being further on the radar is not desirable. Until the political climate changes, I think I will just use my pistols with braces.

>So, with that out of the way, let me acknowledge that PCCs are all the rage.

[Wakes up, looks for coffee.]

Yeah, it's been about ten years, time for them to roll around again.

1970s: .357 and .44 leverguns

1980s: stocked Uzis and MP5s

1990s: weird 9mm ARs

2000s: Hi Point carbines

2020s: Ruger and Kel-Tec carbines...

yep, they're baaaack!

Back