A good .45 that's not a 1911?

So aside from a 1911, what would be some other good choices for a used .45 that's affordable?

"Affordable" , such an ambiguous word. To some it's nothing short of an $800 Sig. To others, nothing over a $125 used Hi-Point!
An actual price point might be a helpful place to start.

Under $500 the EAA is going to be one of your best. The CZ 97 is going to be several hundred more.

A 45 that is not a 1911....

I have had several, some good some bad. I have had 1911's from Wilson Combat, Colt, Springfield Armory and Kimber and I have had 45's from Sig, Smith & Wesson and H&K. I don't think any of them shot any better that the H&K USP Tactical that I still have and will not give up. I also have a TRP 1911 from Springfield but have not yet compared them shooting side by side. The H&K is an awesome pistol. The only non1911 that I really did not like was an S&W M&P which I really liked the feel of but it just was not that accurate.

USP%2045-XL.jpg

here's one to try

SIG p250, has a nice D\A trigger and they're going real cheap now since the 320 was released

I have had several, some good some bad. I have had 1911's from Wilson Combat, Colt, Springfield Armory and Kimber and I have had 45's from Sig, Smith & Wesson and H&K. I don't think any of them shot any better that the H&K USP Tactical that I still have and will not give up. I also have a TRP 1911 from Springfield but have not yet compared them shooting side by side. The H&K is an awesome pistol. The only non1911 that I really did not like was an S&W M&P which I really liked the feel of but it just was not that accurate.

USP%2045-XL.jpg
You obviously didn't read the OP's first post where he said he was looking for something that was affordable.

The HK is NOT affordable.

There are a lot of nice used 45's on the market like Glock 21's and USP 45's for some really nice prices.

Indeed. I picked up a USP45 in excellent condition late last year for under $450.

It's about as bomb-proof as a pistol can be, and a great shooter.

I really like the HK45 series. I have a 45c and it’s one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have my 45 SA XD which I bought--oh 11 or 12 years ago. I suck at shooting handguns in general--this is one of the very few that I've shot that almost make me look like I know what I'm doing. I have thousands of pills down the barrel (my friends always want to shoot it too) and it has never once choked, and if you reasonably handle it it will reliably get a bullet darn near the point of aim. $500 and hands down one of the best over-all values in a handgun I've ever purchased.

I really like the HK45 series. I have a 45c and it’s one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

Ditto, I think the current market prices (barring those pesky apocalypse prices) for the HK45 and 45C are spectacular bargains for a helluva good pistol. I think you are getting more gun then you are paying for.

I think the 45C is the sweet spot because it will do anything asked of it from home defense to carry to fairly compact with a flush fit 8 rounder to repel boarders with the 10 rounders. They are SWEET shooters too if you can break in and master the trigger which, to be fair isn't the best, but as much as I have complained about the double action on my 45C it has indeed, begun to break in and isn't that bad these days.

HK45C_zpsyaihpkqk.jpg

I love shooting my Beretta PX4 Storm in .45 ACP With a Beretta competition hammer assembly and Talon grips it's perfect.

alternate 45's

Are you going to post this same message to everyone who chose to suggest a pistol that you feel is not affordable. I bought mine used and you don't know what I paid for it, but it was a lot less than $1200. How much do you think that Koriphila pistol is? The OP did not give a figure as to what was affordable.

Are you going to post this same message to everyone who chose to suggest a pistol that you feel is not affordable. I bought mine used and you don't know what I paid for it, but it was a lot less than $1200. How much do you think that Koriphila pistol is? The OP did not give a figure as to what was affordable.

I think BAC was being funny/sarcastic by saying $1200 is a bargain compared to a $4,000-$6,000 pistol.

A big +1 on the Sig P220. And one of these days, I want to find a Ruger P90 or P85 to add to my collection.

Affordability is in the eye of the beholder. To some, $1,200 is bubble gum money. To others, $250 is turning-over-couch-cusions-for-rent expensive. I've been back and forth in both camps in times past......

--Wag--

Back