9mm Sub-Compact Carry Gun Selection

I carried a Glock 43 for a few years, recently switched to the Sig P365. The Glock was great, but I do better with the thicker grip on the P365. I carried the Glock with an angled extension that gave it 7 rounds. The Sig is said to carry 10, but I can only get 9 in. Maybe I'll go back at some point to see if things have loosened up, any. Still, I've got 2 extra rounds.
If you have a UpLula mag loader, you can get the 10th in pretty easily. Def can be tough without a mag loader though.

I have one - was still way to much effort. I'm sure there are small variances, as there always are, even between products of the same model. I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and decided not to push my luck, haha.

(I once had a SAR K2 in .45 that when the mag was filled to capacity it was a jammomatic, but when loaded 1 down, ran like a top)

I do need to go back (it has been months, now) and see of the spring has loosened.

I would always go with glock. To me it has to be the most reliable gun in the market. S&W would be my second choice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I tried a Glock 43 and a S&W Shield side by side at the range. I found both to be equally accurate and the triggers were both acceptable. The S&W magazines were harder to load with ammunition, but I still picked the Shield because the mag release button was an easier reach. I found both these pistols pretty equal in all respects and the Shield just edged the Glock out, for me personally.

I tried a Glock 43 and a S&W Shield side by side at the range. I found both to be equally accurate and the triggers were both acceptable. The S&W magazines were harder to load with ammunition, but I still picked the Shield because the mag release button was an easier reach. I found both these pistols pretty equal in all respects and the Shield just edged the Glock out, for me personally.
My everyday CCW is glock 43 with a +2 extended mag. It's a great gun

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Home made, Seven....8oz leather with a pigskin liner...rides high on the belt in the 4 o'clock position....thx for the compliment. Sons and I have been building out own for over 30 yrs now...started out fixing tack used with our horses...Rod

If you buy a Taurus G3C, change the striker guide & recoil assembly to the stainless ones. Turns it into a high end handgun. My G2S handguns shoot beautifully modded that way.

I traded-in my G43, which I've been carrying since they were released, for a Sig P365 XL this last weekend at a gun show. I hate to say it, but its aesthetics, its maker and overwhelming positive reviews on youtube sold me.

I recently was siting my rife in at the range, and after having done so, I decided to shoot up my 3 full magazines of +P carry ammo. I normally have fired regular range ammo through it, but have fired a few mags of the good stuff over the years to know where and how it shot with it. For some reason, I just wasn't happy with the experience after this range outing.

I still haven't taken it to the range, but I'm hoping I have a better experience with the Sig. I have strapped it on, and I can say the longer slide is a slight issue. I don't remember the weight of a loaded G43 with a +1 mag extender, but the Sig appeared to be noticeably heavier. We'll see how everything goes once I get shoot a few boxes though it and get qualified to carry it. So, I can't recommend it yet, but it is a pistol to look into.

Back