.41 Magnum Lever Action

I went to Academy Sports a couple of days ago to get a new pistol rug. While there I looked at the gun counter and they had 3 Henry rifles. No 41 mag of course but they did have a 22 mag. I stated earlier the 22 mag was the reason I sent off for a catalog in the first place.

I was small and light weight. It felt really good in the hands. Close to how my buddies Winchester 22 mag felt as far as I could remember. The price was $399 + tax. So for $433 or so and it could be mine.:( I will have to think about it. But it was a slick little gun. Very well finished.

And if Henry wants to start a real internet buzz just let them bring out a 327 Federal rifle. I wouldn't buy one, I already have a 32 mag marlin. But I will say that the tube feed loading doesn't bother me at all. The Marlin 32 mag has the same set up. Its just how it is.

Last edited:
"You mean--this new company's rifles ain't got a dern thing to do with the original and therefore they aren't authentic?"

Why don't you go back and re-read what I've said on the matter.

"I have--I can't find any specifics other than "they just don't look right"--which is a very subjective thing."

Exactly.

You'll note that no where did I ever mention holding to the authenticity of a New Haven Arms Company/Winchester product.

Can I interrupt your debate for a minute with a question?

Will the "New" Henry big boy steel rifles handle Ruger only loads?

Most likely the only people that can answer that question would be Henry themselves. And like any intelligent gun maker the answer would be that they are designed and tested for factory spec ammo. Nobody will endorse handloads. Especially extra hot handloads. So you would be on your own.

I have always felt that if SAAMI spec loads would not do the killing you don't need a hotter load. You need a bigger gun. A "Ruger only" pistol load is still at best a weak rifle load.

You know what doesn't look right? A useless, problematic safety some scumbag attorney mandated on a lever gun. You won't find one on a Henry.

I've fired heavy HSM Bear loads and DoubleTap in my Henrys, no problem. It's based on the Marlin 336 so it should be plenty strong for anything not insane.

Back