.357 110 gr. JHP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a gel torso but I do like to set up gallon jugs of water and shoot them . The 110's blow them up well . Center mass on a Gargoyle should do the job well without excess penatration .

Years ago I took a Colt 1911A1 off of a wanted felon (well me and several other officers). He had two magazines for it. Both were loaded up with hardball, wadcutters and a few hollowpoints. I mentioned to him that his ammo choice wasn't very wise. He said it didn't matter what kind of bullets he used as long as they went bang. His philosophy was that you just pump lots of bullets into your target and when your target stops being a problem then everything is okay. This was a true badguy with a long history of violence - real world experience. Don't think he cared about ballistics or FBI research. I was younger and a fairly new officer at the time. His reply surprised me. Maybe it shouldn't have, but it did.

I'm a ballistics wonk myself, but thought folks might like hearing from the other side of the aisle.

Wow.

You resurrected a 3 year old thread.

even more wow! you took time to respond to a 3 year old thread.

:DI hope that guy isn't still trying to figure out what ammo to use.

i hope you people can better figure out whcih threads to respond properly to.

ie if you dont think it needs resurecting keep you mouth and fingers shut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back